Beyond mein dishes
- Getting the full experience. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on Asian food served at college or university campuses in the United States. Ways of serving Asian foods; Types of sushi roll at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst; Stir-fries at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire.
- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- ASIAN ORIENTATION. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p99
Reports on the popularity of Asian cuisines in non-commercial food service in the United States. Examples of the menus; Promotion of Asian foods in corporate food service; Method of preparation.
- Menuing Asian every day. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p110
Reports on the popularity of Asian dishes among corporate customers in the United States. Examples of food served by Restaurant Associates in The Time Inc. dining room; Incorporation of made-to-order sushi bar with sushi chef At AON Center; Preparation for a Mongolian wok program.
- Authenticity on-the-rise. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p62
Focuses on Asian cuisine offered by some foodservice contractors in the United States. Success of Darryl Sams' noodle bowl concept at Lucent Technologies' headquarters in Naperville, Illinois; Dishes featured at Saute Station on Cisco Systems campus in North Carolina; Information on Steve...
- MENUS: Portable foods, ethnic cuisine to set the pace. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p46
Predicts the emergence of portable foods and ethnic cuisine in foodservice in 2001. Growing trend toward Asian dishes; Popularity of self-serve foods; Trends in healthcare foodservice.
- AT SCHOOL TEST SITES: Internet ordering streamlines lunch. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4
Reports that children in Hawaii can order their lunch using the Internet or a toll-free number through a system developed by the School-Link Network and SNAP Systems, Inc. How the system works; Its advantages; Launch of similar programs in other states.
- Feeding kids. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the challenges faced by American food service firms operating in public schools. Changes in the attitudes of kids towards food; Ethnic, cultural and demographic diversity in schools; Students' participation in the design of foods.
- `Food-On-Run' Program: Calif. HS asks students to design daily menus. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on the `Food on the Run' program which invited feedback from students about dining services at Gabrielino High School in San Gabriel, California. Provision of access to fresh salad; Taste-test of different cheese options.