Getting the full experience
- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- Asian Inroads. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p109
Focuses on the inclusion of Oriental dishes to United States college campuses' foodservice menus. Chinese dishes offered at Villanova University; Signs of the emerging acceptance of Oriental dishes; In-house brand introduced by California State University.
- Demographics drive demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p124
Focuses on the growing popularity of Asian dishes in college campuses across the United States. Chinese dishes served at Villanova University in Pennsylvania; Comments from university food service directors; Specialties served at Dakota State University.
- Expanding the Asian Empire. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;2/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p54
This article reports on the increasing popularity of Asian cuisine across the U.S. and how schools and healthcare institutions try to incorporate more Asian food in their kitchens. A dining services director in a university even plans to hire Asian celebrity chefs to work with and train staff in...
- From Kansas to Nepal. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p42
The article deals with the introduction of Asian flavors to the dishes being served at University of Kansas in Lawrence. It describes the foods of Nepal prepared by Janna Traver, the assistant director and executive chef at the university. Traver shares the importance of combining the exotic...
- Serving new twists. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on variations in the turkey dishes served by college and university food-service operators in the U.S. Information on the use of turkey as an alternative to other meat types; Ways of using turkey in cooking, according to chef Eric Lenard of the University of Washington in Seattle;...
- Asian brand debuts at Univ. of N. Hampshire. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p16
Features the Asian Creations food station at the University of New Hampshire in Durham. Average number of customers daily; Color and variety of Asian cuisine served at the food station; Style of cooking used; Plans for additional menu items.
- Beyond mein dishes. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p66
Focuses on Asian foods served at several schools in the United States. Asian entrees at West Windsor Plainsboro High School unit in Princeton Junction, New Jersey; Food offered at all-male South Kent School in Connecticut; Food items served at the Keio Academy in Purchase, New York.
- fm agenda. // Food Management;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p16
The article presents a calendar of events about food management. The School Nutrition Association will have its Annual National Conference on July 16-19. The Annual Meeting of the Dietary Manager's Association will be held on July 16-20. National Association of College and University...