NEWEST FINGER FOOD: USDA mulling 1st catfish buy in 10 yrs
- U.S. food recovery initiatives. // BioCycle;Oct97, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on estimates of the wasted part of the food supply in the United States according to the Department of Agriculture. Strategies proposed to reduce recorded amounts of wasted food; Agencies coordinating food waste reduction efforts.
- Attn: School foodservice directors and other commodity... Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p102
Announces the products which the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has rejected and purchased. Amount of produce purchased; Rejected offers and produce; Report on the prices for some of the products.
- Handle food with care. Schlageck, John // High Plains Journal;5/27/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 21, p4B
In this article, the author focuses on the relation between food supply and food borne disease and also informs about the role of U.S. Department of Agriculture in advising purchasing of new food.
- USDA: Farmers markets are booming. // Food & Environment Electronic Digest;Sep2010, p3
The article provides information on new figures released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) which shows continued expansion of local farmers' markets in the U.S. It informs that according to the USDA's latest Farmers Market Directory, more than 6,000 markets offer fresh, locally grown,...
- Domestic Food Assistance Expenditures Continue To Decline. Oliveira, Victor // FoodReview;Sep-Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the decrease in financial support for domestic food-assistance programs in the United States. Three food-assistance programs of the United States Department of Agriculture; Reasons for the decline in food-assistance expenditures; Details on the Personal Responsibility and Work...
- Farewell to FoodReview. Morrison, Rosanna Mentzer // FoodReview;Winter2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on the history of 'Food Review,' a magazine that feature the research findings of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Economic Research Service (ERS). Information on the launch of 'The National Food Situation' on September 9, 1939 from which 'Food Review' originated; Information...
- It's boom time down on the farm. Linsalata, Vera // Tire Business;6/9/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the federal subsidies for corn-based ethanol and global food shortage combined to bolster the farmer's investment in equipment in the U.S. The Department of Agriculture notes that farmer's net cash income has been expected to hit a record of $96.6 billion in 2008 to break...
- Quality-control materials in the USDA National Food and Nutrient Analysis Program (NFNAP). Phillips, Katherine M.; Patterson, Kristine Y.; Rasor, Amy S.; Exler, Jacob; Haytowitz, David B.; Holden, Joanne M.; Pehrsson, Pamela R. // Analytical & Bioanalytical Chemistry;Mar2006, Vol. 384 Issue 6, p1341
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Nutrient Data Laboratory (NDL) develops and maintains the USDA National Nutrient Databank System (NDBS). Data are released from the NDBS for scientific and public use through the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference (SR) (). In 1997 the...
- Behind the Numbers. K. D. // Louisville Magazine;Oct2008, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p68
The article presents information on how much food is being raised currently in nearby counties of Louisville, Kentucky. According to 2002 U.S. Department of Agriculture's Census, the total population needing to be fed is a little more than 1.2 million people. However the 12 counties only raise...