IN 2002: 78% bank on patron-counts to move higher
- Consumer insights. Van Houten, Ben // Restaurant Business;5/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p22
It's no big revelation that awareness of ethnic and exotic cuisines is at an all-time high in the U.S. After all, diners can now easily find Argentinean, Thai, Cuban and Malaysian foodsâ€”sometimes all on the same block. But despite an ever-expanding array of ethnic food options, most...
- 21% are `daily users': NRA releases take-out study. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p3
Cites the results of a study conducted by the National Restaurant Association showing the growth of the take-out business in the United States. Carryout and delivery purchases; Choices offered by take-out businesses.
- RONALD MACDONALD: A MONSTER IN A CLOWN SUIT? // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p41
Focuses on a Gallup poll released in July 2003, which asked whether the fast food industry be held legally accountable for the rising rates of obesity and obesity-related illnesses in the U.S. Views of McDonald's and other lawsuit opponents on eating Big Macs or Double Whoopers with super-sized...
- Buzz Shooters. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;5/1/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p4
Restaurants routinely have to prove their proficiency in any number of areas, from food safety to plumbing. After witnessing how the public interpreted several recent developments, it's time to test a few additional faculties, like mass communications, or anger management. As any gossip...
- CRAIN'S ONLINE POLL. // Crain's New York Business;1/18/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p10
The article presents information on a public opinion poll which seeks to establish whether New York tell food businesses to hold the salt.
- Market Basket. // Food Management;Oct98, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p73
Provides updates from the food industry. Findings of the survey on breakfast habits; Features of the active packaging system developed by Cornell University researchers; Increase in the consumption of bagels.
- Fleet Focus. // Food Logistics;jan/feb 2001, Issue 38, p18
Reports on the findings of a survey on the views of transportation managers on the transportation trends in the United States' food industry as of January 2001. Annual transportation budget; Personnel issues; Details on loading and unloading practices.
- Health care: The debate heats up. // Nation's Restaurant News;Jan94 Special Issue 75 Years, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p60
Presents opinions of some of the foodservice industry's leading professionals about the health-care issue and what it will mean to their businesses. Marvin Saul, owner of Junior's Deli; Tim Psyhogios, president of Fountain Blue Restaurant; Robert A. Freeman, president of California Cafe...
- Sanitation regs aim at smoking. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p20
Reports that anti-tobacco groups in some states in the United States are embracing strategies aimed at prohibiting smoking in restaurants and other food service outlets. How council members in Washington DC maneuvered past a threatened veto of their proposed anti-smoking ordinance; Pressure on...