IN EXECUTIVE EDUCATION, MEALS-ON-WHEELS: Scholastic branching out
- Focusing on private schools. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p28
Presents an interview with Kate and David Smith-Cooper, principals of Scholastic Culinary Services which provide food service to private schools in Manhattan, New York. Establishment of the business; Educational background; Accounts.
- Italian restaurateurs, fans gather for the de Medici Society's rebirth. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/17/96, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p40
Presents highlights and photographs of Italian restaurant owners and food fans during the celebration for the rebirth of the Caterina de Medici Society of New York, a consumer membership organization for those who like Italian food, wines and culture, held at the Ciao Europa restaurant....
- 1997 Million Dollar Club Survey. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep97, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p109
Presents information on the 1997 Million Dollar Club Survey, where restaurant operators in the United States offer opinions about the business of running a restaurant. Reference to the single most important issue operators face; Types of healthcare plans operators provide.
- To Be Or Not To Be a Tuscan. Mariani, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2003, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p18
Presents an article describing the trip of a U.S.-based restaurateur to Florence, Italy.
- Moraldo serves up bankruptcy papers. King, Mason // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/28/97, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p3A
Reports on the filing for bankruptcy of Indianapolis, Indiana-based restaurateur Jean Pierre Moraldo. Closure of restaurants owned by Moraldo; Non-disclosure of actual financial standing; Complaint filed relative to lease of Presto; Personal guarantees of Moraldo over loans; Damages and costs...
- Rainbow room: Who with-drew? Keil, Beth Landman; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;03/16/98, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p12
Reports that although Drew Nierporent, Joe Baum and Davil Emil won the contract to take over the Rainbow Room, they may decline the opportunity. Their refusal to pay landlord Tishman Speyer's annual rent of $4 million.
- Bright lights, big city. Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan98, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p46
Interviews a number of restaurateurs in New York, United States. How they manage to continually excite and stimulate guests so they would return; Details on various food trends; Views on food safety. INSET: The Vision Forum participants.
- Southern exposure. Knott, Sarah // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun97, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p69
Presents the views of five Central-Florida based executive on international business, retail opportunities, and other pertinent issues. Names of the executives; Prerequisites for a successful menu; Information on the preparation of spicy foods.
- Comebacks: Cooking up second chances for glory. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;9/23/96, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p132
Comments on the comeback stories of several restaurateurs. Includes Carl Karcher; Nolan Bushnell; James Beard.