- Wall St. Still A Rough Ride. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p2
The article reports that the cable stocks continue to decline in the market. It states that the cable sector showed a gain of about 5.7% up until October 17, 2008 but the sector is still down about 24% for the year. Among the cable companies which have performed better in the previous week...
- The What-If Scenario No One Wants to Talk About. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;10/10/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 38, p21
The article offers the insights of David Joyce of Miller Tabak + Co. LLC on the potential lower television (TV) advertising (ad) revenue in the U.S. in 2011. Joyce said that he lessened his recommended target media stock prices, including News Corp., Comcast Corp., and Walt Disney Co., due to...
- Economy Clouds Cable's Quarter. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/27/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p5
The article reports on the condition of the cable television industry amidst the economic crisis. It argues that patronage of such industry would decline particularly in the second quarter of 2009 where college students and snow birds disconnect such service. It also presents the forecast of...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p34
Reports on developments in the broadcasting and cable industries. Settlement of General Instrument and Scientific-Atlanta's patent dispute regarding scrambling systems for satellite and cable signals; Development by Texas Instruments of computer chips incorporating the Dolby AC-3 audio...
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p47
Reports on developments in the cable industry for the week ended January 10, 1994. Development of a cable network by Nelson Goldberg, president and chief executive of Gaming Entertainment Television; Reiss Media Entertainment's announcement of bringing `Chippendales' to pay per view;...