ALL MARKET SEGMENTS: FSD MARKET ROUNDUP SHOWS SEPT. 11 IMPACT
- Sodexho workers offer food, comfort in WTC aftermath. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;10/8/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the crisis experienced by the food management firms in New York, New York after the World Trade Center terrorist attacks. Account of the experiences of several foodservice professionals working for Sodexho Inc.; Descriptions of the actual devastation of the center'; Efforts of...
- RFE/RL security measures make a near-casualty of popular restaurant. Huber, Valentina // Prague Business Journal;10/15/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p3
Examines the effects of the terrorist attack on the restaurant business in Czech Republic. Complications due to the presence of the Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty; Assessment of the business operations of entrepreneur Daniel Jablonsky; Restrictions of access to the location of the restaurant.
- Poland haven for tourists in wake of terror attacks. Wylot, Robert // Warsaw Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p3
Reports the projected increase of tourists coming to Poland in the wake of the terrorist attacks according to the Polish Tourism Organization. Forecast on opportunities for travel destinations; Plans of promoting Poland as a country of 'adventures with a happy ending'; Statistics on travel...
- Insurance woes for NY companies. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;12/2/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the increase in insurance costs since the September 11, 2002 terrorist attacks of the U.S. Employment of audit firms by insurance companies to review their clients' accounts; Information details that have been asked by insurers from customers; Increase in the price quoted by...
- Tourism industry cautiously optimistic. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;12/24/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p14
Reports the recovery among tourism and hospitality industry in Tucson, Arizona since the September 11 attacks. Uncertainty on the economic stability of local firms; Tourism in the area expects recovery but cautiously optimistic; Increase tourism business signs improvement on the industry.
- Eclipsed by Catastrophe. Burrill, G. Steven // BioPharm International;Nov2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p51
Focuses on the effects of the September 11 terrorists attacks on the biotech industry. Approval of several products after the catastrophe; Increase on the prices of biopharmaceutical products; Citations on the business alliances formed; Business developments on several pharmaceutical companies.
- Mayor Warns of Possible $200 Million Revenue Loss. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31243, p4
Reports the effect of terrorists attacks to the economy in Washington D.C. Possibility of losing 200 million dollars tax revenues; Predictions of Mayor Anthony Williams; Recovery of the district from the losses.
- Terrorizing the tourist. Hall, Derek // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Feb95, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p17
Speculates over the unfavorable decisions of the tourists for the places which are facing the problems of terrorism and war. Scenario of tourism in various war-ridden countries.
- Local hoteliers temporarily close rooms to offset lost revenue. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/4/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p12
Reports the impact of terrorist attack on the tourism industry in Puerto Rico. Temporary closure of the room inventory of hotels; Number of job layoffs and reduced work force hours; Implementation of cost cutting measures by local hoteliers.