AT WEST COAST B&Is: Farmer's market fills meal gap
- Farmers markets. Atkinson, Maureen; Williams, John // Public Management (00333611);Jan94, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p16
Features some of the key considerations for successful farmers markets. Customers of the farmers markets; Location of the market; Mode of ownership; Commodities for sale; Layout of the area; Physical structure; Lease on seller's space; Updating old structures.
- A market sparks a downtown renewal. Lowe, Judy // Christian Science Monitor;8/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 193, p15
No abstract available.
- Where to find farmers' markets. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;8/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 193, p18
No abstract available.
- Mount Vernon is ripe for 'Fresh Connect' initiative. GALLAGHER, PATRICK // Westchester County Business Journal;8/22/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the impact of the Mount Vernon Fresh Connect Farmers' Market in Westchester County, New York.
- Farmers' markets produce a bumper crop of buyers. Learner, Neal // Christian Science Monitor;2/28/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 66, p16
Reports that farmers' markets in the United States are attracting greater numbers of customers.
- Shop the Farmers Market at the San Antonio Botanical Garden Every Thursday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/12/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p5
The article offers information on the Farmers Market at the San Antonio Botanical Garden in San Antonio, Texas, which is open every Thursday and offers a wide selection of fruits and vegetables for sale.
- Food, folk art & the frog. James, Dennis W. // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Spring97, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on the WestEnd Market in Greenville, South Carolina. The market as a true farmers' market and a collection of shops; The artists and one-of-a-kind vendors who peddle their wares at the Market; The buildings in which it is housed; When the WestEnd Market was started; The opportunities...
- Burnet Farmers Market closing for season. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/10/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 45, p10A
The article announces that the Burnet Farmers Market would be close for the winter season on November 20, 2010 in Texas.
- Trump Tower Farmers Market. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;8/31/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 30, p8
The article informs that the Trump Tower Farmers Market, a farmers' market, will take place in September 2011 in Chicago, Illinois.
- WHERE TO GET IT FRESH. // Boise Weekly;7/27/2011 Supplement, p104
The article offers information on several farmers markets located in Idaho.