THINKING OUTSIDE THE BUN: HOSP. ENTERS NEW WORLD
- CLOSE, REGULAR CONTACT: F/s staff increase visits with Atlanta patients. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the improved patient satisfaction driven by the food service program of the Atlanta Medical Center in Georgia. Patient satisfaction scores in the 1990s; Factors contributing to the increased patient satisfaction; Background on the operations of the medical center.
- Hospitals Serve Up Room Service-Style Dining. Hurley-Schubert, Victoria // njbiz;2/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the move of CentraState Medical Center in New Jersey to switch its 271-bed hospital to Five Star Room Service, a hotel-style food ordering and delivery system in October 2006 to lower costs, lessen food waste and increase patient satisfaction and survey scores. According...
- Following drop for `non-selects': Limited choice menus... // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p31
Discusses the implementation of non-select menus for patients at Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue, Washington. Reasons for the implementation of non-select menu; Process to improve patient satisfaction; Response to desire for choice of patients. Overlake is a non-profit,...
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.
- At St. Paul, MN hospital: `Good Menu' delivers satisfaction increases. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p76
Discusses the goal of food service director James Stewart to maintain patient satisfaction and reduce the average cost of patient trays at St. Paul Ramsey Medical Center in St. Paul, Minnesota. Steps taken to achieve his goal; Meal selection offered; Result of the hospital's effort to solve the...
- Make a good first impression: It's critical. // Hospital Peer Review;Sep2010, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p3
This article reveals that the patient access department at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois prioritizes improving patient satisfaction, according to Michael F. Sciarabba, director of patient access services.
- Clean scene. Roling, Nancy // Materials Management in Health Care;Dec99, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p37
Focuses on the satisfaction of patients with cleanliness at Mercy Medical Center. Aspects of cleaning that patients feel important; Drop in the number of staff needed for routine duties.
- Friendly's set as Baystate Medical Center. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
States that the Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts is planning to create a food operation in the lobby entrance which is expected to include the branded concept by Friendly's. Description of the area where the operation will be set up; When the operation is scheduled to open;...
- AT CAL-PACIFIC MED. CTR: MEAL TIME DELIVERY DROPS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the food service at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. Entrees offered to patients; Benefits of the food service approach.