FUSION, BBQ HELP MFR. KEEP CURRENT
- Chow-line challenge. Flores, Lisa M. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May98, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p128
Looks at guidelines to stay on the low-fat track in college cafeterias. Types of foods that can be eaten in college cafeterias; Use of vegetables for vitamins and minerals; Limiting the use of caffeine; Quitting late night meals. INSETS: Best & worst cafeteria foods;Understanding servings.
- 1-of-3 will hike frequency of brand items. // FoodService Director;3/15/98 Supplement, Vol. 11, p1S
Focuses on a study which examines the increase in the number of soda, coffee, baked goods and cereal kiosks usage between 1997 and 1998 while highlighting the plans of 1-of-3 cafeteria operators to step up the frequency of menu-brand promotions. Information on the results of the study;...
- Looking for promotional balance. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/98 Supplement, Vol. 11, p14S
Focuses on customer perception of food advertising in cafeterias in the United States. Comments from Tom Neilson, general manager of the West Point, Pennsylvania-based Merck and Company; Discussion on the customers opinion on food advertising; Indepth information on issues relating to this topic.
- There's Something Fishy Going on Here. // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p18
Reports the transformation of Jenks Junior High School's ordinary-looking cafeteria into an underwater paradise in Rhode Island. Inclusion of equipments and furniture; Concept of the transformation; Contributions of the foodservice provider.
- Say so long to the traditional cafeteria setup. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p49
Comments on the demise of the traditional cafeteria setup in schools, hospitals and military bases in the United States. Use of brands to boost revenue in foodservice; Decline in the use of board plans; Change in basic format of service delivery.
- The Year Ahead. King, Paul // FoodService Director;12/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
The author discusses features that the magazine will be adding in 2011, including feature articles on 30 foodservice professionals all under the age of thirty, profiles of foodservice professionals in various job categories, and examples of operators who have brought innovative practices to...
- Coffee klatching with cafeteria cronies. Crans, Fred W. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting different characters in different hospital cafeterias.
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- HOSPITALS TAKE A HIT: NO SURPRISES. Pond, James // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p38
Comments on a study conducted by researchers at the University of Michigan Medical School on fast food franchises in hospitals in the U.S. Background on criticisms made by the researchers against fast food services in hospitals; Information on a related study conducted by 'Foodservice Director'...