LIBRARY CAFE CHECKS OUT $300 DALLY
- No Meat Required. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p26
Several vegetarian recipes are presented, including the Oak Park & River Forest High School Vegan Chili con Barley, the coconut-avocado ceviche, and the Tex-Mex Veggie Enchiladas.
- Scheming to increase literacy through rhyme. // Curriculum Review;Apr2005, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the significance of the hip-hop rhyme scheme of a spoken-word club to the literacy of African American students at the Oak Park and River Forest High School in Illinois. Benefits of the approach according to club founder Peter Kahn.
- Art Appreciation. Pricola, Jennifer // Teacher Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
Presents several schools in the United States where rare pieces of art can be found. Chicago Public Schools in Chicago, Illinois; Lake Michigan Academy in Grand Rapids, Michigan; Oak Park and River Forest High School in Oak Park, Illinois; West Seattle High School in West Seattle, Washington.
- New spring menu blooms at Wild Orchid Cafe. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/17/95, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p45
Reports on Mount Laurel, N.J.-based Wild Orchid Cafe's spring menu. Food offered; Cost.
- Cafeterias struggle as market dwindles. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the state of cafeterias in the United States for 1995. Cafeteria's financial losses; Increase in capital expenditures; Retrenchment; Cafeteria companies' downsizing of its units; Advertising and merchandising strategies.
- All roads lead to Vegas. Alva, Marilyn // Restaurant Business;6/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the opening of the Coyote Cafe and the Wolfgang Puck's Cafe in the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas. Rumors of Stars' opening in the Las Vegas area; Denial by Jeremiah Tower of Stars.
- Bistro Gestalt. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p138
Narrates how La Coupole Cafe was able to solve the problem of hurried diners during lunchtime. Entire three-course meal's arrival on the same plate; Five different whole-meal combinations; Early preparation.
- Such a deal. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;08/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 15, p122
Reports that Los Angeles, California-based Sonora Cafe has introduced the Monday Night Wine Fiesta as a way to boost business on an off-night. Range of wines on offer.
- Johnny's Round Top. Thompson, Helen // Texas Monthly;Sep92, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p98
Describes the colorful history of Johnny's Round Top cafe in Big Spring, Texas. Rotating roof; Impact of a lightning strike to the roof; Closing in 1989.