SEEING STEADY STUDENT GROWTH: Growth in Whittier College's meatless buffet is no mirage
- Honorable mention. // American School & University;Aug97, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p50
Spotlights the interior design of the cafeteria/food service areas at Whittier College in Whittier, California. Excavation of a planter area adjacent to the building; Construction of a patio for outdoor dining; Removal of concrete walls to bring light into the former basement.
- IN SCHOOLS: Buffets arise in response to cost-concerns. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p60
Focuses on the popularity of buffets in school catering in the United States. Advantages of serving buffets; Types of foods served at buffets; How caterers organize a catering event.
- Auditoriums/music rooms. // American School & University;Aug98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p73
Focuses on the design of the Lautrup Ball Auditorium at Whittier College in Whittier, California. Renovations; Building functions; Lighting; Use of technology; Color patterns.
- An Attacking Multiple-Front Package. Lindheim, Gifford // Coach & Athletic Director;Jan1999, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p26
Provides information on the multiple-front defense and aggressive movements of the Whittier College football team. Search for a defensive line players; Goal of the team; Off-season schedule of the team.
- Honorable mention. // American School & University;Aug97, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p72
Spotlights the interior design of the residence halls/lounges at Whittier College in Whittier, California. Double-loaded corridors; Centralized organization of Turner Hall; Result of discussions with faculty and student groups; Desire to encourage social interaction and a strong sense of community.
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.
- Stay in line, and no honking. Coeyman, Marjore // Restaurant Business;11/20/95, Vol. 94 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the popularity of a hamburger drive-through operating in a public high school in Bryan, Texas. Drive-throughs as an opportunity to capture the high school student market; Success of the breakfast service; Attractiveness of the idea to campuses with open-school policy.