AT LOS ANGELES HOSPITAL: MEAL PROGRAM GETS KITCHEN
- Surprising health benefits of giving. // Consumer Reports;Dec2011, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p12
The article looks at the health benefits of performing volunteer work. Results are presented of a study of Baltimore adults which found improvements in the walking speed, cognitive function, and stair-climbing speed of volunteers. Other health benefits noted include greater life satisfaction,...
- HOME COOKIN' // Indianapolis Monthly;Sep2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p292
The article rapports that the third Meals on Wheels Kitchen Tour, a luxury home-design tour to promote the charitable service that delivers meals to ill, elderly and handicapped in Indianapolis will be held on September 16, 2006. The highlight of the tour will be the introduction of five...
- Cutting an important lifeline. Ducker, Peter // Caterer (2055-7817);10/30/2015, Vol. 205 Issue 4898, p22
The author contends that budget cuts to the Meals on Wheels program highlight a lack of joined-up thinking in Great Britain. He says that meals on wheels services help prevent more serious and costly health issues. He adds that the Meals on Wheels service enables and empowers older people to...
- Citymeals-on-Wheels hosts 'Best Tables in Town' // Nation's Restaurant News;05/28/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p54
Reports the fund-raising activity hosted by Citymeals-on-Wheels organization in New York. Personnel of the food service industry participated in the activity; Details on the proceeds; Donations for the activity.
- Chefs cook up fun in New York at Citymeals-on-Wheels event. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p31
Reports on the success of `The American Country Fair,' in New York City which benefited the Citymeals-on-Wheels, a private, non-profit group that delivers hot, nutritious meals to elderly residents in New York City's five boroughs.
- Fashion & Beauty Industries supports Citymeals-on-Wheels. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p106
Presents a photograph of the participants of the 1996 Citymeals-on-Wheels benefit in New York City.
- Food and fashion. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 42, p14
Reports on Citymeals-on-Wheels' preparation for its annual American Chefs' Tribute on June 2, 1997.
- Netherlands. // Business America;11/15/93, Vol. 114 Issue 23, p23
Reports on potential for growth of home pizza delivery companies in the Netherlands. Number of pizza delivery companies in the whole of the Netherlands; Reason for stagnation of the delivery business; Opportunity for American pizza/food delivery firms to enter the Dutch market; Contact information.
- Drivers sought for Meals on Wheels. // North County Journal;7/20/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 29, pB3
The article announces that the volunteer program North County Meals on Wheels is searching for people who are willing to perform free services like delivering meals to homebound residents in Missouri.