NCTA: Broadband Subsidies Waste 'Millions'
- Readying for Change. BLOOMFIELD, SHIRLEY // Rural Telecom;Feb2011, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the stance of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NTCA) about the national broadband project in the U.S. It expresses gratitude to members of the telecommunications industry of the rural community who are willing to learn about the plan and educate...
- Broadband subsidy: Mostly well targeted. Bradner, Scott // Network World;7/13/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p27
The article presents the author's views on the federal funding for broadband subsidy in the U.S. It cites the Web site set up by the government which allows organizations to apply for broadband deployment funding support wherein the Departments of Agriculture and Commerce will screen the...
- USDA funds broadband expansion in rural Minnesota, North Dakota and Texas. // High Plains Journal;8/25/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 34, p6B
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) funding of nearly $40 million in loans for broadband services in rural areas of Minnesota, Texas, and North Dakota through the Telecommunications Infrastructure Loan Program of Rural Utilities Service.
- USDA approves Huawei Technologies, earlier seen by Treasury as national security threat. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;4/13/2011, p3
The article reports that two Chinese state-run telecommunications companies have been approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), to serve as approved suppliers for the U.S. administration's multibillion-dollar program to expand broadband Internet service nationwide. It is stated that...
- Goal is closing the broadband gap. Griekspoor, P. J. // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);May2011, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p37
The article reports on the revelation of senior policy adviser Doug McKalip of the Department of Agriculture regarding the one percent broadband service gap between the rural and urban communities in the U.S.
- Create a 'smart' farm with latest technology. LEACH, DARIN // Farmer;Feb2014, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p64
The article discusses the smart farming techniques adopted by farmer Joe Hossle. Topics discussed include the maintenance of fiber broadband network that was funded by 4.1 million grants from U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, the control of heating, cooling and lights in the house with the use of smart...
- Building out high-speed Web to farms. VOGT, WILLIE // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Oct2011, Vol. 242 Issue 10, p48
The article focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development to improve communications infrastructure on farms. It says that under the USDA Rural Development system, a key program that provides financial support for broadband internet is being offered. It...
- Obama Administration to Revitalize Downtowns through Broadband Service. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;5/6/2016, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p11
The article discusses the development of broadband service in Downtown, U.S., including the involvement of U.S. the Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and economic development through the revitalization of the place.
- NCTA to USDA: Work With FCC on Rural Reforms. // Multichannel News;2/6/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the advise of National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) to the U.S. Department of Agriculture secretary Thomas Vilsack to work with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reform the high cost program of Universal Service Funds (USF).