Cablevision Launches PC-to-TV Streaming Service
- CABLEVISION LOSES 19K VIDEO SUBS. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;11/7/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p12
The article reports that Cablevision has posted a decline in earnings and the number of its video subscribers during the third quarter of 2011.
- TV FIGHT HITS HILL. Harris, Paul // Daily Variety;11/18/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the hearing wherein the Senate Communications Subcommittee was spurred by negotiations between News Corp. and Cable Systems Corp. that led to a 15-day black out of Fox stations for Cablevision subscribers.
- For Cablevision, A PC Is Now a TV. // Multichannel News;4/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p2
The article discusses the launch of the Optimum Application for Laptop software for stream videos from Cablevision Systems Corp. and outlines the features of the software.
- BRIEFS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;5/21/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p8
This section offers news briefs related to home media in the U.S. as of May 2012 including the move by Cablevision to increase to 48 hours from 24 hours the time a consumer can watch transactional video-on-demand movie rentals, a decision by BluFocus to join the Digital Entertainment Content...
- Comcast Won't Cap Xfinity TV Streams on Xbox 360. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/2/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p8
The article focuses on a plan by Comcast Corp. not to impose subscriber monthly data caps on Xfinity television video streams accessed via Xbox 360.
- DISH CEO UPS BLOCKBUSTER STREAMING RHETORIC. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/8/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p8
The article that Dish Network Cop., the satellite television owner of Blockbuster, is planning to launch a subscription video-on-demand streaming service.
- Netflix Subs Would Pay More To Keep Service Ad-Free. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/29/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 24, p15
The article reports that Netflix, an over-the-top subscription video service, is willing to pay more to providers to keep the service advertising free.
- Paradigm Shifts: Remote Storage DVR. Hardin, Glen // Communications Technology;May2009, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p24
The article discusses the application of the remote storage digital video recorder (RS-DVR) service of Cablevision. It notes that RS-DVR allows unique recording of customer-requested program on the video server with separate storage locations so that programs cannot be accessed by other users....
- James Dolan. Bieiioni, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter;4/17/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 12, p46
An interview with James Dolan, chief executive officer of cable television company Cablevision Systems Corp., is presented. When asked about future growth of video business dominated by over-the-top content, he replies that changes are not very rapid in the industry. He further reflects on his...