Why the Local Headend Isn't an Endangered Species
- Pushing the raunch envelope. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p24
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of March 2002. Criticism on Comedy Central and MTV for television program indecency; Telecast of television program 'Season on the Brink' in ESPN television station; Success of the HBO program 'The Shield'.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p28
Presents a news roundup pertaining to the broadcasting and cable industry in the United States, as of June 18, 2001. Teamup between WE:Women's Entertainment network and 'Vogue' magazine to create a special on upcoming fall fashions; Agreement of TechTV and 'BusinessWeek' magazine to share...
- Pax TV thinks its ratings are quite decent. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;09/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p4
Reports that the metered-market ratings from Pax TV network's first week of broadcasting was acceptable to Pax TV executives. Nielsen Media Research company's rating for PAX TV August 31th launch; What was the publics response to Pax TV's programming; Comments made by Steve Sternberg, senior...
- Nickelodeon bound for Asia. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;07/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the plans by Nickelodeon network to launch two 24-hour networks in Asia during the 1998 fourth quarter. Reference to similar moves by the Discovery Communications company and National Geographic Channels Worldwide; Plans by Nickelodeon to price the network affordably; Details on the...
- CNNfn targets prime. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/26/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 27, p47
Focuses on the Cable News Network Financial news in the United States. Expenditures for the growth of the network's prime time program; Impact of business news on the rating of the program; Coverage of the CNBC on the Summer Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales.
- A sound revenue model. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p33
Reports on the technological innovation in digital cable music service Music Choice's services in the U.S. Provision of interface to digital subscribers; Deployment of the interface in DirecTV homes; Features of the enhanced services.
- The new colors of TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 39, p62
Editorial. Comments on the increase on Hispanic television viewership in the U.S. Plan of NBC to acquire Telemundo television network; Proportion of viewership; Reaction of advertisers on the growing Hispanic market.
- Are you Being served? Krug, George // Broadcast Engineering;Apr99, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p188
Discusses how cable television network Lifetime Television launched the Lifetime Movie Network. Transition from the broadcast world to the computer world; Differences between the software used to run the cart machine and the software used to run the disk-based system; Basic architecture;...
- Lifetime wins another cable quarter. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/8/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 14, p19
Reports the success of Lifetime cable network on the fifth consecutive quarter in the U.S. Rating of the average-household; Marketing strategy for the development of cable systems; Improvement of investments.
- Recycling first-runs. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;4/8/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 14, p31
Features television network 'Hallmark Channel' in the U.S. Announcement of the program 'Caroline Rhea'; Commitment of the station license agreements; Management of the programming network.