Why the Local Headend Isn't an Endangered Species
- Pushing the raunch envelope. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p24
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of March 2002. Criticism on Comedy Central and MTV for television program indecency; Telecast of television program 'Season on the Brink' in ESPN television station; Success of the HBO program 'The Shield'.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p28
Presents a news roundup pertaining to the broadcasting and cable industry in the United States, as of June 18, 2001. Teamup between WE:Women's Entertainment network and 'Vogue' magazine to create a special on upcoming fall fashions; Agreement of TechTV and 'BusinessWeek' magazine to share...
- Pax TV thinks its ratings are quite decent. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;09/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p4
Reports that the metered-market ratings from Pax TV network's first week of broadcasting was acceptable to Pax TV executives. Nielsen Media Research company's rating for PAX TV August 31th launch; What was the publics response to Pax TV's programming; Comments made by Steve Sternberg, senior...
- Nickelodeon bound for Asia. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;07/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the plans by Nickelodeon network to launch two 24-hour networks in Asia during the 1998 fourth quarter. Reference to similar moves by the Discovery Communications company and National Geographic Channels Worldwide; Plans by Nickelodeon to price the network affordably; Details on the...
- CNNfn targets prime. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/26/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 27, p47
Focuses on the Cable News Network Financial news in the United States. Expenditures for the growth of the network's prime time program; Impact of business news on the rating of the program; Coverage of the CNBC on the Summer Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales.
- A sound revenue model. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p33
Reports on the technological innovation in digital cable music service Music Choice's services in the U.S. Provision of interface to digital subscribers; Deployment of the interface in DirecTV homes; Features of the enhanced services.
- The new colors of TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 39, p62
Editorial. Comments on the increase on Hispanic television viewership in the U.S. Plan of NBC to acquire Telemundo television network; Proportion of viewership; Reaction of advertisers on the growing Hispanic market.
- CNN may act as news wire for Gib. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;10/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p2
Focuses on the opportunity for Cable News Network to provide news and pictures to major broadcasting networks in the United States. Benefits of the deal to Cable News Network; Talk with CBS about creating a combined operation; Dependence of broadcasting networks on Cable News Network.
- Are you Being served? Krug, George // Broadcast Engineering;Apr99, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p188
Discusses how cable television network Lifetime Television launched the Lifetime Movie Network. Transition from the broadcast world to the computer world; Differences between the software used to run the cart machine and the software used to run the disk-based system; Basic architecture;...