FCC: No Retrans Fixes by Proxy
- Tardy stations may lose DTV licenses. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the compliance of the digital television licenses on the television stations in the U.S. Approval of transition deadlines by the Federal Communications Commission; Indication of the technical problems; Extension of the television programs.
- FCC must make everyone share burden of DTV. // Electronic Media;8/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the effort of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on the digital television. Guidelines for television networks and cable operators for the shift to digital television; Possibility of losing digital television (DTV) licenses for stations failing to air digital...
- LMA proposals top FCC's list. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Reports that a controversial proposal to crack down on local marketing agreements (LMAs) is expected to receive US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) consideration early in 1999. Postponement of a vote on a proposal that would have required divestiture of LMAs; Review of the FCC's...
- The network-affiliate-D.C. relationship. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;03/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p6
Looks at existing United States Federal Communications Commission rules governing the relationship between television networks and their affiliate stations. Affiliates' right to refuse specific network programs; Territorial exclusivity ban; Dual network rule.
- Converting to digital TV? Plan now. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p25
Presents tips for small-market television stations in converting to digital television. License from the Federal Communications Commission; Tower construction; Allocation details; Zoning regulations; Local ordinances; Help from vendors.
- LPTV owners brace for change. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;05/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p8
States that low-power television station (LPTV) owners will be affected when the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) shuffles frequency allocations to make room for full-power digital television stations. Views of Gil Gillis, owner of W35BB, a low-power television station; Background...
- McAdams on: 'All Reasonable Efforts'. MCADAMS, DEBORAH D. // TV Technology;3/20/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p6
The article offers information on the U.S. Spectrum Act which states that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission shall make all reasonable efforts for preserving the coverage area and population served of each broadcast television licensee.
- Give me just a little more time. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/29/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p74
Comments on issues concerning the deadline for the construction of digital television stations (DTV) in the United States. Reasons for the delayed construction of DTV; Need for an extension of the DTV construction by the broadcasters; Suggestions for the time frame of the construction.
- DTV picture clouds over. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 29, p52
Focuses on the problems on digital interference in Sacramento, California. Complaints filed by WBOC-TV against WHRO-DT of encroaching on channel 16 across the Chesapeake Bay; Lack of knowledge on digital signal propagation; Appeal of Federal Communications Commission on the settlement of...