FCC Developing 'Speed' Pyramid
- BPL: What Now? Sumner, David // QST;May2004, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p9
Discusses the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) on Broadband over Power Line (BPL) systems. Purpose of NPRM; Requirements proposed by NPRM for BPL systems; Proponents of BPL who have denied that interference is a problem.
- FCC Proposes Ku-Band for Mobile Air-to-Ground Services. Magallanes, Raul // VIA Satellite;Aug2013, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p14
The article focuses on the proposal of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to use Ku-band for terrestrial-based air-to-ground mobile services. It says that the 14.0-14.5 gigahertz (GHz) band could be used for Aeronautical Mobile Services (AMS) or air-to-ground mobile under the...
- UWB Stalemate. Luna, Lynnette // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct2004, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p54
The article presents information on unlicensed ultra-wideband (UWB) technology which is deadlocked within the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers' standards-setting process, unable to reach a consensus on a single standard. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission had given the...
- 39 GHz: No Place For New Kids. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p20
Deals with the United States Federal Communications Commission's 39 Gigahertz (GHz) frequency band auction which opens on the second week of April 2000. Broadband services for the 39 GHz frequency; Telecommunication companies which are expected to participate in the auction; Geographic area...
- FCC begins broadband inquiry. // Mobile Radio Technology;May2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p50
Reports on the issuance of a Notice of Inquiry seeking comment on using electrical power lines to provide Internet and broadband services to homes and offices by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Types of broadband over power line addressed in the inquiry; Additional means for...
- Public Proposals Included in National Broadband Plan. // District Administration;May2010, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the incorporation of recommendations into the National Broadband Plan issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the use of broadband technology in schools.
- Financing and bidding advantages offered in FCC PCS auctions. Crowe, Thomas K. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec94, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the proposed financing and bidding measures by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Schedule of broadband personal communications (PCS) auctions; FCC's entrepreneur preference plan; Importance of entrepreneur qualifying bids; General installment payments; Availability of tax...
- FCC to give broadband another failing grade. Jerome, Sara // Hill;4/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 54, p10
The article reports on the expectation for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reveal that broadband providers are not deploying services in a reasonable and timely way in the U.S.
- Broadband speeds mostly as advertised. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;8/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 116, p13
The article mentions the report unveiled by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which revealed that most major broadband firms in the country provide access that is 80 to 90 percent of advertised speeds or better.