Over-the-Top Goes Mainstream
- WEEKLY OTT VIEWING. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/11/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 18, p19
This article offers statistics on the number of hours which 18-25 year-olds spend watching online video.
- Online Video Is Mass Medium Now, Nielsen Study Says. // Multichannel News;10/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p28
The article reports on the findings of the Nielsen Cross-Platform Report for the second quarter of 2011 which shows that traditional television watching remains the great American pastime as it climbs 1.9% to 146 hours and 20 minutes despite 48% of U.S. consumers are watching some online videos.
- Viewer's Choice. // Multichannel News;4/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p21
Statistics are given regarding consumer preferences for television viewing including live watching of video programming, use of mobile device such as tablet for watching online videos, and watching favorite programs through binge viewing.
- TV ad industry must adapt to the lessons of online. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;11/27/2008, p02
The author talks about the impact of the new media era on the television (TV) advertising industry. According to the author, the Internet is a key factor influencing the TV viewing habits of consumers. He notes the challenges posed by the Internet to the industry amid growth of online...
- MEDIA OUTLOOK 2011: Reach for the Share. Consoli, John // Brandweek;9/27/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 34, p26
The article provides an outlook for television advertising in the U.S. for 2011. CBS executive vice president and chief research officer Dave Poltrack infers that advertisers recognize the importance of spending on advertising in retaining their market share. Broadcast networks are expected to...
- Kudos to PTC for Pointing Out Rise in '$#*!' on TV. Eggerton, John; Gibbons, Kent; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p8
The article reports that Parents Television Council (PTC) has been congratulated for a catchy program title of its latest broadside at television content with a focus on naughty bits and phrases that were unavoidable given the topic, but made for titillating reading nonetheless.
- Television Isn't that Bad. Zemke, Dawn // Today's Christian Woman;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p35
The article discusses the importance of watching television with the family.
- Kids use web as much as TV, reports Ofcom. Eleftheriou-Smith, Loulla-Mae // PRWeek (London);11/2/2012, p19
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the British Office of Communications (Ofcom) which examined the Internet and television habits of British children aged 12 to 15 years.
- Broadcast-Only TV Homes on the Rise. MCPHERSON, DOUG // Response;Aug2013, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the findings of researcher GfK on the increasing number of broadcast-only television (TV) homes in the U.S. in 2013.