Syfy's 'Being Human' Finale Scares 1.6M Viewers
- ABC, Fox, CBs score with early debuts. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p3
Reports the launching of the television series among the networks in the U.S. Increase of the television ratings; Quality of the series; Focus in winning the adult audience.
- Old TV or new? Reruns, please. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p23
Focuses on United States summer television viewers' preference for reruns of series they know over original entertainment series they have never heard of. Ratings by Nielsen Media Research; Advice on how networks can improve their performance.
- Preserve Your Story But Market It Well. // Television Week;12/11/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p14
The article comments on the advice of the Writers Guild of America for television writers about preserving the integrity of a story. In 2005, the success of serialized shows such as Lost and 24 inspired a rush to develop programs with continuous story lines. But this season, audiences have not...
- BOXED IN. Lubrutto, Vincent // CinemaEditor;2010 3rd Quarter, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p33
The article explores how the impact of the DVD-Television (TV) boxed set on the TV viewership in the U.S. It notes that DVD-TV has freed the viewers from getting away from time slots and electronic taping systems but has trapped them into long weekend of screening of the show's entire season. It...
- 'TORCHWOOD' BOWS SO-SO. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;7/12/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the debut of the drama series "Torchwood: Miracle Day" on July 1, 2011, which drew 1.5 million viewers in its two airings.
- 'Empire' building. // Daily Variety;12/14/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 51, p5
The article reports that the second-season finale of HBO's television program "Boardwalk Empire," has drew a total of three million viewers Sunday night in 2011.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Crain's New York Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p3
The article presents information about the television serial "The Sopranos." The serial is beginning part 2 of its sixth and final season on April 8, 2007. The serial has been a mainstay of New York City's television and film production revival. The series has been shot in the city since 1998....
- Identifying with Dexter. Houwen, Janna // American, British & Canadian Studies;2015, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p24
Many contemporary high quality TV series tend to enable identification with protagonists who engage in morally dubious or outright abject acts. This essay takes Showtime's series Dexter as a pre-eminent and extreme example of this tendency, and explores how the viewer's identification with the...
- Main Chance at the Top. J. F. // Accountancy;May71, Vol. 82 Issue 933, p254
The article shares the authors thoughts about television viewing. The author believe that television audience surveys show that majority of chartered accountants claim to be selective viewers. The author was puzzled by the decline of medical serials.