Speed Demon: Comcast Blasts 105-Meg Internet
- Comcast counters Verizon with 305-Mbps broadband plans. // FttX;
The article previews 305-Mbps downstream broadband services that will be launched by Comcast Corp.
- CABLE'S NEW PIRATES. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;4/7/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 7, p19
Comments on Comcast Corp.'s move to increase its rates for cable broadband. Reason for the move; Amount of the rate increase.
- Broadband subscribers grow. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/21/2014, pA02
The article reports that Internet service provider Comcast Corp. added 203,000 net new broadband Internet subscribers in the second quarter of 2014.
- Comcast Launches New Xfinity Brand. // India -- West;3/5/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 15, pB7
The article reports on the launch of Comcast Corp.'s new Xfinity brand for its technology platform, products and services in the U.S.
- Comcast Announces 2 Gigabit Residential Service & New Extreme 250 MBPS Tier in Calif. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;May2015, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to launch Extreme 250, a 250 Megabits per second (Mbps) Internet speed tire for customers in California in 2015.
- Nimble giant. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the contribution of Comcast Corp. to the broadband industry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Advancement of video, voice and data services in the cable industry; Identification of the customer and market problem at Comcast; Services offered by the company.
- Comcast Essentials Marks Milestones At Anniversary. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;9/30/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p52
The article presents information on the start of the third year of Internet Essentials broadband subsidy program by telecommunication firm Comcast Corp. in Washington D.C in September 2013.
- Serendipity in Philadelphia. // CED;Jan2000, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p4
Reveals the factors that led to `CED' magazine's choice of Mark Coblitz of Comcast as Man of the Year for 2000. Articulateness in technology matters; Engineers' admiration for his knowledge; Absence of educational background in engineering; Contributions to Cable Television Laboratories,...
- Speed Bumped: Comcast Ups Premium Tier to 16 Mbps. // CableFAX Daily;2/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the upgrade of megabits per second of broadband service by Comcast in Reston, Virginia in February 2006. Percentage of broadband service subscribers in Reston; Fees that will be charged among subscribers by Comcast; Information on The Fan media player launched by Comcast.