Upfront Slates Take Shape
- Discovery's deep pockets. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;4/15/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 16, p19
Reports the decision of Discovery Communications Inc. to spend more for the programs of the television networks owned by the company in the U.S. Share given to the Discovery Channel; Interest of advertisers on cable networks with controversial programming; Programs to be introduced in the network.
- Mammoths, space station land on new season. Argy, Stephanie // Variety;06/05/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the programming plans of Discovery Communications Inc. for the 2000-2001 season. Details on the `A Discovery Space Journey' program of Discovery Channel for the season; Details on the theme of Learning Channel's programs for the season; Other season offerings of the Discovery networks.
- Discovery Kicks Off Catch With Record Viewer Haul. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;4/20/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p6
The article reports that the April 14, 2009 broadcast of the season premiere of the reality television program "Deadliest Catch" enjoyed the highest rating of the program's five-year history. The broadcast on the cable television network Discovery Channel drew an estimated 4.16 million...
- Discovery in Japan. // Electronic Media;10/14/96, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p35
Reports that Discovery Communications Incorporated is expected to launch The Discovery Channel in Japan in early 1997 through a joint venture with Tokyo-based Jupiter Programming Company Limited. Availability of the service.
- Discovery net gets the travel bug. Osborne, Magz // Variety;06/04/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the decision of Discovery Networks Asia to add another channel called Discovery Travel & Adventure. Problems faced by television networks in terms of advertising; Advantage of cheap travel market in the region to television production; Target viewers of the channel.
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- TNT Floats New Deal Points. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the condition of programs of Turner Network Television under the rate-card agreement of the company to cable operators. Programs subjected to blackout; Number of regular-season games to be aired; Acquisition of first-run television rights of the movie 'Lord of the Rings.'
- 'Dead Zone' Enlivens Cable's Viewership. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p8
Reports the condition of the television program 'The Dead Zone' on the viewership of USA Network. Improvement on the average household rating; Impressions on the performance of the broadcasters; Continuance in the patronage of the program at unprecedented levels.