- The HD puzzle. Fadden // SHOOT;05/09/97, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p35
Focuses on the growing use of high definition television (HDTV) among advertising post-production companies in the United States. Origins of the technology's development; Essence of the digital television system; Business potentials of HDTV commercials.
- Creative trends. Caranicas // SHOOT;05/30/97, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p4
Focuses on impact of high-definition television (HDTV) on commercial creativity and budget. Connection between plagiarism and parody; Observations on creativity of parody spots; Impact of HDTV on production companies and post houses.
- HDTV: A Missed Opportunity? Jacobs, Heather // SHOOT;03/02/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p15
Focuses on the high-definition television (HDTV) issues of relevance to the advertising community in the United States. Advantages and disadvantages of HDTV; Efforts to develop HDTV standards; Opportunities for HDTV.
- Advertisers Slow to Adopt HD. // TV Technology;2/16/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p26
The article focuses on the report of Extreme Research regarding the use of high definition (HD) television (TV) of advertisers, which reveals a decline from 14% in the third quarter of 2010 to 13% in the fourth-quarter of 2010.
- HD goes into Hospital. // TVB Europe;May2003, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the installation of the Dveous/high definition system in television studios in London, England. Power capacity; Way of producing high-end television commercials; Improvement of the animation process.
- TBC, Crawford take the HD route. Giardina // SHOOT;07/03/98, Vol. 39 Issue 27, p7
Reports creation of high-definition television (HDTV) advertisements by the TBS On-Air Promotions in Atlanta, Georgia. Broadcast of the HDTV advertisements on analog systems; Views of TBS senior producer/director Kelly McGinnis on the promotions; Context of the Goodwill Games Image Campaign.
- Flashback. // SHOOT;06/19/98, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p4
Presents excerpts from news that appeared in the periodical `Shoot' in June 1993 and 1988. Includes visual effects house Rhythm & Hues' formation of CHARACTERS, a division that specializes in the production of digitally generated characters for television advertisements; Director Zbigniew...
- Response Rewards Quality Production. Armbruster, Adam // Television Week;3/30/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p30
The article offers guidelines for creating an advertising during a recession in the U.S. A quality image must be delivered in advertising, especially in television advertising. Proper editing and pacing is essential to good quality. Creators need to think about not just what programs and...
- Why are ads still analog if it's so easy to go HD? Bulik, Beth Snyder // Advertising Age;6/26/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 26, p15
The article discusses the reason majority of television advertisements are still shot and shown in standard-definition analog format in the U.S. The typical reasons given for not using high-definition (HD) format are a familiar triumvirate of cost, audience and content. The extra fee for...