BEST OF MULTICHANNEL.COM
- Dish Adds FIFA Net From Univision. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p20
The article reports on the launch of Dish Network Corp.'s sports television channel Univision FIFA World Cup Channel, which caters to the network's Hispanic viewers.
- Puck Off: EchoStar Pulls OLN Signal. // CableFAX Daily;10/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 205, p1
Reports on the decision of cable network Dish Network to remove OLN from its channel lineup in October 2005. Cause of the dispute; Sports channels that were added by Dish to its lineup.
- OLN Still Filling NHL Roster. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p18
Reports on the decision of cable television channel OLN to pull its feed on National Hockey league coverage from Cablevision Systems Corp. and Dish Network. Reason behind the decision of OLN; Reaction of Dish to the decision; Claim of OLN regarding the broadcasting of hockey games by Cablevision.
- Game On:. // CableFAX Daily;8/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 162, p1
The article reports that DISH Network has improved its football programing by launching the Football Playing 24/7 at DISH Network campaign. The network launched the new programming through a national advertising campaign first seen in a DC-area daily newspaper. DISH is the first cable rival of...
- Putting the Public Back in Public Media. Hollar, Julie // Extra!;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p15
The article offers information on non-commercial media established by the government in the U.S. It notes that the Public, Educational and Government (PEG) channels are developed by agreements between municipalities and cable companies, which pays the government by setting public channels for...
- SCRIPPS NETWORKS. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC46
The article, part of a special advertising section, examines the cable television broadcasting company Scripps Network. Cable television networks owned by the company and their programming for 2011-2012 are discussed including House & Garden Television (HGTV), Food Network, DIY Network and the...
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;5/7/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p7
The article presents several news briefs about the condition of the mass media market. National television is rated "tight" while network cable is rated "moving." Radio is described as "mixed" while magazines are "busy." The article presents other details for each category including what is...
- Congloms Fire Up Channel Launchpad as Climate Improves. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;9/10/2013, Vol. 321 Issue 10, p24
The author offers opinions on the broadcasting industry. A trend is said to exist in 2013 in which broadcasting companies have created a relatively high number of new cable television networks and specialty channels. This is said to indicate that despite the growth of Internet television, cable...
- LOOKING FOR THE EXTRA VALUE. Waldman, Allison J. // Television Week;5/5/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p14
An interview with Geoff Allen, chairman and founder of software designer Anystream, is presented. He presents his views on the status of media companies and independents that are looking to gain distribution and carriage for their emerging networks. According to Allen, direct broadcast satellite...