Comcast Digs Those DTA Devices
- Calif. City: Comcast MIssed Deadline. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p38
Reports that Brentwood, California city has voted to deny renewal for franchise proposal of cable television company Comcast Corp. Reason behind the decision of voters to deny refranchise; Date on which the company filed proposal for refranchise; Efforts of the company for renewal its franchise...
- Comcast Posts Gains in Wash. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the contract extension of Comcast Corp. for its King County, Washington cable franchise as of January 2005. Coverage of the agreement; Issues surrounding the contract extension; Reason for giving Comcast a five-year extension; Decrease of public, educational and government broadcast...
- Outside the Beltway. // CableFAX Daily;3/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p2
Reports that Comcast was dealt a blow in San Ramon, California, where AT&T convinced the City Council that IPTV wasn't a cable service and permitted the telecommunication company to enter the video market without getting a franchise agreement.
- Comcast to Challenge Rate Rollback. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p68
Reports on the announcement of Comcast Corp. officials that the company will appeal rate-rollback orders approved by local franchising authorities (LFA), as of April 2005. Factor on which LFA based the rollout; Way in which most major cable operators collect rates; Response of Comcast to U.S....
- Comcast Brings Privacy Foes Into the Fold. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p12
- Local Cable Service Providers. Ruth, João-Pierrre S. // njbiz;9/11/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p23
A list of New Jersey's top local cable service providers ranked according to the number of franchises as of September 11, 2006 is presented. First on the list is Comcast of South Jersey serving the counties of Atlantic, Burlington and Cape May with 68 franchises. Next is Comcast of Garden State...
- The tech is in place. Now, go out and build a loyal customer base. Moyer, Jenni // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p34
Talks about the growing communications services offered by cable television operators. Information on video-on-demand launched by Comcast in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Requirements to a successful product launch.
- Peace Declared in Marin. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/22/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the end of the negotiation of Comcast Corp. for a franchise for Marin County, California. Problems encountered by the negotiations; Issues on the frequency modulation radio transmissions of Comcast; Terms under the contract.
- Comcast in Asian carrier deals. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/13/2014, pA02
No. 1 U.S. cable service provider