- Ergen: I've Got a 'Seinfeld Strategy' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p32
The article discusses the improved financial performance of Dish Network Corp. for the first quarter (Q1) of 2011 after a series of subscriber losses and assumed critical acquisitions. It says that the company has increased net subscriber additions, revenue, and net income. Dish Network chairman...
- Last Movie Ever Rented from Blockbuster: This is the End. Rhodan, Maya // Time.com;11/15/2013, p1
The article reports that a Hawaiian man on November 9, 2013 rented the final movie ever from the video rental store Blockbuster, commenting that the film rented was "This Is the End" by Seth Rogen, and mentions direct-broadcast satellite service provider Dish Network is closing the remaining...
- Dish Keeping About 575 Blockbuster Stores. Gruenwedel, Erik; Ratcliff, Ashley // Home Media Magazine;4/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p6
The article reports that Englewood, Colorado-based Dish Network will maintain about 575 stores of its acquired Blockbuster Inc. and close the remaining 1,100 outlets.
- Blockbusted: The Fall of a Video Icon. ARNOLD, THOMAS K. // Home Media Magazine;1/28/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p3
The author comments on the missteps and subsequent decline of rental chain Blockbuster, the U.S. home video industry icon that Dish Network acquired out of bankruptcy in April 2011.
- Blockbuster Climbs 'Social' Ladder. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;3/5/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p4
The article reports that Dish Network's home video and video game rental service Blockbuster has become one of the most blogged and tweeted companies.
- Dish Network acquiring Blockbuster for $228M. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. has acquired Blockbuster Inc. worth 228 million dollars in the U.S.
- Blockbuster plies pix via Facebook. // Daily Variety;10/28/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the acquisition by Dish Network Corp. to Blockbuster Inc. which aims to strengthen its name through creating 8,000-10,000 films on the online network Facebook.
- Dish Bowing Blockbuster Streaming Service? Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;5/2/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p8
The article reports on the acquisition by Dish Network Corp. of Blockbuster Inc. in April 2011.
- DISH GETS ANTITRUST APPROVAL FOR BLOCKBUSTER BUY. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/18/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p8
The article reports that in April 2011, Dish Network received approval to purchase Blockbuster Inc., a deal expected to close on April 25, that the latter is asking for court approval to delay deadlines for either the renewal or termination of store leases throughout the U.S. from April 20 to...