'Edutainment' In HBCU's Pitch
- Black Consumers' Spending and Historically Black College Sport Events: The Marketing Implications. Armstrong, Ketra L. // Sport Marketing Quarterly;2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p102
Presents information on a study that asserted the need to examine the marketing and economic potential of sports events at historically black colleges and universities. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusion.
- Scores and national schedule. // New York Amsterdam News;09/03/98, Vol. 89 Issue 36, p54
Reports on scores and national schedule for 1998 Black College Football as of September 03, 1998. Results of Matches for the week ending August 29, 1998; Games to be held during September 03-06, 1998.
- HBCU'S NEED YEAR-ROUND FAN SUPPORT. Wynn, Ron // Tennessee Tribune;12/20/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p2B
The article reports that Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs) has lack of fan support as what several empty seats has revealed during the basketball game in the December 2012 Southeastern Athletic Conference.
- Texas Southern vaults to No. 1 as Grambling stuns FAMU 12-10. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;10/12/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 41, p51
Reports the ranking of the Tigers of Texas Southern University in the Black college football poll in Indianapolis, Indiana. Victory of Texas Southern over the Arkansas Pine Bluff; Analysis of the performance of Texas Southern in the Southwest Athletic Conference; Victory of Grambling State...
- Livingstone, Tuskegee meet in second Pioneer Bowl this Sat. at Morris Brown. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;12/17/98, Vol. 89 Issue 51, p54
Reports that the Golden Tigers football team of Tuskegee University of Tuskegee, Alabama, is meeting the team of Livingstone, North Carolina, at the Pioneer Bowl scheduled on December 19, 1998. Strength of individual players of each of the competing Afro-American colleges.
- New york amsterdam news top 10 black college teams. // New York Amsterdam News;12/17/98, Vol. 89 Issue 51, p54
Lists the top ten Afro-American college football teams as of December 1998. Includes the teams from Florida, Arkansas and Mississippi.
- BRAGGING RIGHTS. WHIRTY, RYAN // Louisiana Life;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p44
The article presents information on famous football rivalries in Louisiana. The football teams of two Louisiana HBCUs (historically black colleges/universities) from Baton Rouge and Grambling, faced each other for the first time in 1932. Now, the Grambling Tigers and the Southern Jaguars play...
- UNDER THE NANNER. // Jackson Advocate;8/18/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 44, p5B
The article offers news briefs related to black college sports in the U.S. including, basketball player C. J. Reed joining the University of Central Florida, one on former football player of the Alabama A&M University Barry Wagner, and one on the North Carolina Central University (NCCU).
- Black College Update. // Tennessee Tribune;1/20/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p5B
The article offers updates related to college sports in the U.S. including the expiration of the contract of Rick Comegy as the football coach for Jackson State University in Mississippi, the announcement of a new football classic which will feature historically black colleges and universities...