- Tepid Ad Market a Drag for Programmers. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;7/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p27
The article focuses on two reports related to the U.S. advertising market including one by MoffettNathanson senior research analyst Michael Nathanson and another by Evercore 1S1 Group media analysts Vijay Jayant and David Joyce. Topics include the MoffettNathanson report showing that the market...
- 2012: A Good Year to Be in Cable. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;12/24/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p30
The article offers information on the increase in stocks report of the cable television industry of the U.S. in 2012. It mentions that the multiple system operators, an operator of multiple cable television systems, raised its business by 40 percent. It further represents the expectation of...
- Retrans Costs on the Rise. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p13
The article reports on the increasing retransmission-consent costs for cable operators and other multichannel distributors in the U.S. It indicates that the second quarter of 2009 has increased the retransmission-consent revenue for the 17 major broadcast-station groups including Univison,...
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p36
The article presents the prediction of analyst David Joyce at Miller Tabak + Co. LLC that cable upfront for 2011 will be up 11.5% which amounts to nine billion U.S. dollars.
- June Bug Bites Cable Stocks. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p18
This article reports on the decline of cable stocks in the month of June 2008. It discusses that much of the decline was due to market forces out of the industry's control and some of the analysts are expecting that fallout to continue for a month, when results for the weak second quarter begin...
- Economy Clouds Cable's Quarter. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/27/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p5
The article reports on the condition of the cable television industry amidst the economic crisis. It argues that patronage of such industry would decline particularly in the second quarter of 2009 where college students and snow birds disconnect such service. It also presents the forecast of...
- 2008: Famine Year for Deals. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/5/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that analysts believe that the market for cable networks will pick up in 2009. It presents several of the biggest cable television network deals of 2008 which includes acquisitions of The Weather Channel by NBC Universal and Blackstone, Clearwire by Comcast, TWC and Bright...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.