DirecTV Debuts 'Home Premiere'
- DIRECTV GETTING EARLY WINDOW ON 'PIRATE RADIO' Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/15/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that video-on-demand access to "Pirate Radio" priced from 4.99 U.S. dollars will be offered by DirecTV to subscribers.
- TRANSACTIONAL VOD UPS DIRECTV'S REVENUE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/28/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that increased revenue from transactional video-on-demand (VOD) rental movies and pay-per-view programs contributed to satellite TV operator DirectTV's 618 million U.S. dollar income for the fourth quarter of 2010, ending December 31.
- DirecTV bows on-demand service. // CED;Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the admiration of DirectTV Inc. to video-on-demand service (VOD). It mentions that the DirectTV has announced its appreciation to VOD service despite of its slow transmission and cites that the firm launched its VOD to its clients in the U.S. in June 2008 after its...
- Analyst: Premium VOD to Have 'Minimal' Impact. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/11/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that the planned DirectTV rollout concerning premium video-on-demand films for 8 weeks after theatrical debut will cause little effect in the film distribution sector, according to Merriman Capital research director Eric Wold.
- DirecTV Broadens 4K Arsenal With 'Mini'. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;8/24/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p16
The article offers brief information on the 4K Genie Mini video-on-demand device from DirecTV.
- VOD's Next Critical Step. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p36
Reports on the significance of establishing video-on-demand (VOD) advertising metrics to on-demand programming. Plan of DirecTV to launch local-into-local high-definition in 2005; Advantages and disadvantages of VOD; Significance of a vibrant VOD offering.
- DirecTV Rolls Out VOD. Thoma Umstead, R. // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p6
The article reports the El Segundo, California-based DirecTV Inc. is preparing to launch a service that will give basic-cable networks their own dedicated channels for programming delivered on-demand to viewers. The Food Network and Discovery Channel are among the programming services that are...
- DIRECTV TO ACQUIRE HULU. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/17/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on DirecTV's plan to acquire Hulu and Hulu Plus, an online repurposed television program aggregator and subscription video on demand (SVOD) service co-owned by Comcast, News Corp. and Walt Disney Co.
- Another Hawaiian Edge: Cable's Great. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p74
Focuses on the status of digital cable television programming in Hawaii. Introduction of video-on-demand and pizza-on-demand services by Oceanic Cable; Offer of special programming packages by direct broadcast satellite (DBS) providers; Effect of limited direct-home penetration of satellite...