AT&T, Verizon Keep TV On
- VERIZON BRINGS NEW ALTERNATIVE FOR TV TO HOLBROOK, MASS. // Telephone IP News;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information on the FiOS TV service from Verizon.
- Verizon, AT&T Gain Pay-TV Share, But Subscribers Down. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;3/14/2014, p00
- Telcos Take TV Share. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the increase of subscribers of cable television providers AT&T Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. in 2010 in the U.S. It notes that the two companies gained a combined 428,000 video subscribers from October-December. Verizon has a total of 3.47 million subscribers and...
- Conflicting IPTV visions. Morris, Iain // Telecommunications;Nov2007, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p19
The article focuses on the varied marketing strategies of Internet protocol television (IPTV) operators. The U.S. is said to be one of the most closely monitored IPTV markets in the world. AT&T Corp. and Verizon competed in areas where cable companies have long had pay-TV customers all to...
- FiOS: Sports Will Cost You Extra. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;1/28/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p2
The article presents information on Verizon Communications Inc. that has become the pay television (TV) provider of the sports matches in the U.S. and will begin charging the customers of FiOS TV a 2.42 U.S. dollar monthly fee for regional sports networks.
- REPORT: IPTV DEFIES MARKET. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/19/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p6
The article reports that internet protocol television (TV) providers including AT&T U-Verse and Verizon FiOS have added a net 398,000 subscribers in the second quarter of 2013, making IPTV as the lone bright spot for the pay-TV industry.
- Verizon Moves Into Cable TV. Kerschbaumer, Ken; Meyer, Joel // Broadcasting & Cable;9/26/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the launch of the FiOS fiber-optic cable television service from Verizon in Keller, Texas in September 2005. Fees for subscribing to the service; Television channels offered by the service; Service packages offered by Verizon to subscribers.
- Tug of War. Bachman, Katy // Brandweek;5/7/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 19, pSR10
The article discusses how the telephone companies Verizon and AT&T are looking to build their presence in the video-subscription services market. According to the article it will reportedly cost the companies $20 billion to release fiber-based video, internet and phone networks across their...
- For the record. // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p63
Presents news items related to the cable television industry in the United States as of February 7, 2000. Plans of AT&T Corp. to sell its Wireless Group tracking stock; Resignation of Laurie Giddins from Cable Systems Corp.'s Rainbow Media Holdings Inc.; Status of the Showtime Event...