The golden rule revisited
- Consortium Previews MHL 3.0 Spec. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/26/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p35
The article evaluates the Mobile High-definition Link (MHL) 3.0 interface standard high definition (HD) video/digital-audio interface from MHL Consortium.
- Sensor-processor bridge facilitates low-cost camera designs. Wilson, andrew // Vision Systems Design;Jul2011, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p13
The article features iBRIDGE, a digital-video-port (DVP) compatible device that bridges any general-purpose image sensor with low-cost micro-controllers (MCUs), developed by Tareq Hasan Khan and Khan Wahid. The iBRIDGE includes an image data module and a system configuration module that allows...
- Digital video storage: IEEE1394. // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on the IEEE 1394b standard for digital network interconnections. Features of FireWire from Apple Computer; Description of the IEEE 1394-1995 standard; Video applications of IEEE 1394b.
- The Future of CE Networking is 1394 Not DVI. Snider, James // Electronic News;3/25/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 13, p20
Talks about the usefulness of IEEE 1394 multimedia standard compared to video interface (DVI) for consumer electronics. Benefits of DVI compared to 1394 standard; Several design changes in DVI; Capabilities of 1394 interface.
- Digital Storage. Copeland, Simon; Watkinson, John // Image Technology;Mar1996, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p9
This article describes SSA (Serial Storage Architecture); a flexible high speed data storage standard which will take over from SCSI (Small Computer Storage Interface) and has particular relevance to digital video applications. SSA is an open standard to which Xyratex has made a major...
- Wondertouch Particlelllusion 3. McMahon, Frank // Video Systems;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p59
The article provides information on the Wondertouch company's ParticleIllusion 3 program. The ParticleIllusion program has a stage window in the upper middle of the interface and can make movie sizes with variable letterbox masking and safe-area mattes. One problem with ParticleIllusion is that...
- HDV over FireWire. Mullen, Steve // Video Systems;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p41
Describes the methods of importing HDV material into Final Cut Pro (FCP) via FireWire. Transfer of both audio and video to FCP using an all-digital path; Move to batch-render the folder at 59.94fps to the BlackMagic 8-bit codec; Entrance of the selected files into FCP where they were ready for...
- Apple Logic Pro 7. McAuliffe, Tom Patrick // Video Systems;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p47
Introduces the Logic Pro 7, the Apple Corp.'s revamped Logic Pro interface that allows users to open a video clip and see both the video and the audio directly on the timeline. Product features; Pros and cons; Availability and price.
- Towards hierarchical context: unfolding visual community potential for interactive video retrieval. Lin Pang; Juan Cao; Lei Bao; Yongdong Zhang; Shouxun Lin // Multimedia Tools & Applications;Oct2011, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p151
Community structure as an interesting property of network has attracted wide attention from many research fields. In this paper, we exploit the visual community structure in visual-temporal correlation network and utilize it to improve interactive video retrieval. Firstly, we propose a...