CD-Rchiving to the rescue
- NEW FROM THE KING OF LIONEL PAPER:. Keller, Bob // Classic Toy Trains;Feb2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p24
The article offers information on the compact disc versions of the paper collections of Lionel Paper titled "Lionel Postwar Display Catalogs: The Complete Set 1947-1965" and "Prewar & Postwar Lionel Billboards: The Complete Collection 1932-1969 Standard O, and HO Gauges."
- Thanks for the Memories and Support. Miller, Myron // Power Electronics Technology;Nov2005 Supplement, p10
The article reflects the author's views on a compact disk (CD) archive released by the publishers of Power Electronics Technology magazine on the 30th anniversary of the magazine. This CD collects the complete information on the ways this magazine ha contributed to the power electronics industry...
- LA&M Art and History CD. Storer, Rick // Leather Archives & Museum News;Summer2002, Issue 15, p1
Provides information on the art and history compact disc created by the Leather Archives and Museum. Features of the disc; Ways to obtain copy of the disc.
- COR BABY that's really: FREE... // Record Collector (0261250X);Christmas 2012, Issue 409, p54
The article focuses on several freebie sound records including "Juice Felicity" by Orange, "Discipline 1982" by Marc Almond & Friends and "From Then To You" by the Beatles.
- The Use of CD-Rs for Archival Storage and Preservation Vulnerability of CD-Rs Based on the Susceptibility to Sunlight Experiment. Kunej, Drago // IASA Journal;Jul2004, Issue 23, p65
The article focuses on the use of compact discs (CD-Rs) for archival storage and preservation vulnerability of CD-Rs based on the susceptibility to sunlight experiment. Smaller audio archives, and research audio archives in particular, are usually inadequately aware of the vulnerability of CD-Rs...
- BACK NUMBERS. // Image Technology;Nov/Dec1996, Vol. 78 Issue 10, Special section p4
The article encourages readers of the publication to submit a complete set of previous issues. The British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society encouraged readers because of the reopening of their library. The indexes of the submitted issues of this journal would be scanned to put into...
- Towards a Digital Code of Hammurabi. Tadic, Linda // Performing Arts Resources;2005, Vol. 24, p1
The article focuses on an effort to preserve the various archival materials like the Code of Hammurabi, the oldest set of written organized laws and other materials like motion picture, through digital techniques. In discussions of the problems of digital preservation, the conversation quite...
- SONY: Trance NRG2. Anderton, Craig // EQ;Jul2005, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p78
The article presents an account of the sample sound recording CD "Trance NRG2" launched by Sony Corp. "Trance NRG2" makes one feel like one is in a way too crowded club. The all-important beats shine. There are construction kit-type elements as well as complete loops, including breaks. One needs...
- HARK PRODUCTIONS: Atmospherix Vol. 2. Anderton, Craig // EQ;Jul2005, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p80
The article presents an account of the sample sound recording CD "Atmospherix," vol. 2, launched by Hark Productions. It is a modern sound element for music, film, and video. Of the two CD-ROMs, one has long, atonal pads and atmospherics, while the other offers various sounds: additional...