DVD dawns, but CD replication profits press on
- CD or DVD? That is the question. Glatzer, Hal // Computer Graphics World;Feb98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p57
Looks at the advantages and disadvantages of recordable compact discs (CD-R), digital video discs (DVD) and similar desktop storage solutions. Comparisons in terms of storage capacity; Advantages and disadvantages of recordable DVDs; Features of random access memory DVD (DVD-RAM) that are...
- Where is the market for Video CD? Madison, Cathy; Nathans, Stephen // CD-ROM Professional;Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p85
Examines the Video CD market. Market performance; Video CD architecture; Read-only medium; Role of authoring tools in Video CD development.
- Viva la VCD. Capps, Robert // Macworld;Spring2003 Supplement, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p30
Discusses the success and popularity of video compact discs (VCD). Cost of a VCD; Requirements needed in order to create a VCD; Advantages of such products.
- WHAT IS VIDEO CD? // Electronic Musician;Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p68
Focuses on the commercial application of video compact discs in the Unite States. Quality of VHS; Problems with the medium for personal use of Video CDS; Navigation and access functions of Video CDS.
- CD? No, DVD! Wilkinson, Scott // Electronic Musician;Jul98, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p38
Features the development of the digital videodisc (DVD). Replacement for CDs as the next generation of consumer audio storage; Storage capacity; DVD Forum's establishment of a committee called Working Group 4 charged with creating a specification for high-resolution, audio-only DVDs; Features...
- Dual-focus optical pickups read both DVDs and CDs. Mortensen, Paul // Laser Focus World;Mar96, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
Reports that major Japanese electronics companies are redesigning their dual-focus optical pickups to read both the compact-disk (CD) and the digital-video-disk formats (DVD). Target to release a dual-purposeplayer in 1996; Differences between Cd and DVD; Intensity noise.
- Culture club CELEBRITY TIPS ON WHAT TO READ, SPIN AND RENT. // InStyle;Jul2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p112
Focuses on the choices of books and compact discs and videodiscs of actors and actresses. Favorite book of Sissy Spacek; Recommendation of Billy Thornton for a John Lennon CD; Praises of Chloe Sevigny for the motion picture 'They Shoot Horses, Don't They?'
- The CD-ROM drive sales index. // EMedia Professional;Apr98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p17
Presents information on compact disc-digital versatile disk unit shipments as of the third quarter of 1997.
- Digital video discs. // Popular Electronics;Aug95, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the battle between Toshiba/Time Warner and Sony/Philips over high-density compact disc (HDCD) video disc formats. Multimedia research firm InfoTech's outlook for standards competition between formats; Videogames as target for high-density discs.