Pioneer New Media Technologies introduces DVD-R media
- Pioneer Announces Industry's First Combination DVD-Recordable/Re-Recordable Drive. // Information Today;Jan2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p37
Reports on the development of a combination recordable digital video disc (DVD) and compact disc (CD) drive for personal computers by Pioneer New Media Technologies, Inc. Perceived importance of interchangeability between recorders and players; How the DVD-ROM rewritable drive allows digital...
- Pioneer's DVD-V7200 cuts a path for industrial DVD-video players. Partyka, Jeff // EMedia Professional;Apr98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p12
Reports on Pioneer New Media Technologies Inc.'s introduction of its DVD-V7200 digital versatile disk (DVD)-video player at Online Inc.'s DVD Professional Conference in Orlando, Florida on February 2, 1998. Features; Systems supported by the player; Price.
- Is DVD today 2Real to ignore? Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Professional;Jun98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the introduction of digital videodiscs (DVD) in the market. C-Cube's 2Real single-chip MPEG-2 codec; Accessibility of DVD to the broadbased PC market; Penetration of DVD into mainstream entertainment markets.
- Philips lengthens list of DVD-video authoring products with `ELDA'. // EMedia Professional;Jun98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p26
Reports on Philips Electronics' addition to its DVD-video authoring product. Specifications; Capabilities; Retail price.
- DVD replication. Hollman, Lee // EMedia Professional;Jun98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the market for digital videodiscs (DVD). Profit from the conversion to the DVD media; Production issues involved with the discs; Expected number of DVD drives that will be sold in 1998.
- DVD hardware. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p23
Features various digital videodisc (DVD) hardware. Includes Pioneer New Media Technologies Inc.'s DVD-A02/u02 slot-load DVD-ROM drives; Spruce Technologies Inc.'s DVDStation authoring system.
- What is DVD? Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/11/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p52
Focuses on the features of digital video disc (DVD) players. Capacity to replace audio CD, videotape, laserdisc and CD-ROM; Advantages of DVD compared to other formats.
- First Data Corporation and Pioneer's DVD-recorder take service to the next level. // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p26
Focuses on the purchase of a DVR-S101 DVD-Recordable drive by First Data Digital-ROM Services, a unit of electronic commerce company First Data Corp., from Pioneer New Media Technologies. First Data's information storage business; Features of the drive; Capacity per disc; Remarks from Tarry...
- Hardware, Hollywood divided by DVDs. MacLellan, Andrew // Electronic News;9/23/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2135, p8
Reports on the lukewarm introduction of digital videodiscs (DVDs) in the North American market due to concerns over copyright protection and the release dates of Hollywood blockbuster movie titles. Number of DVD vendors participating at the 1996 Winter International Consumer Electronics Show.