Hitachi introduces DVD-RAM drive, library system
- 3M Unveils New Security Strip for CDs. // Information Today;Feb1996, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p23
The article presents information on a new technology introduced by Minnesota Mining #&x0026; Manufacturing Co. (3M) for digital libraries. New technology introduced by 3M now allows libraries to better protect CD-ROMs from loss. The 3M Tattle-Tape DCD-2 Security Overlay is the first security...
- Axis and Compact Devices look to the future of HTML with CD-ROM/online servers. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p20
Introduces the CD-ROM servers, Axis StorPoint CD from Axis Communications Inc., and TopSpin 130 and 150 from Compact Devices Inc. Features and capabilities; Prices; Contact information.
- CD-ROM towers enjoy hot-swappability and higher speeds. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p22
Introduces the CD-ROM towers, CD/Maxtet 1600 CD-ROM server system from Optical Access International and CD Tower Rax from Procom Technology Inc. Features and capabilities; Prices; Contact information.
- Tech & tools. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p26
Presents compact disc-related product announcements for October 1996. Includes Antex Electronics Corp.'s SX-34 digital audio adapter; Diamond Multimedia Systems Inc.'s Diamond Stealth 3D 3000XL; JASC Inc.'s Paint Shop Pro 4.0.
- CD-R sales tracker. // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p16
Presents a graph showing the regional distribution of sales of CD-Recordable/ReWritable units in the first nine months of 1997.
- WW CD/DVD-ROM unit market share. // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p17
Presents a chart and a graph showing the market share of leading manufacturers of CD-ROM drives in the third quarter of 1997.
- DVD-ROM and CD-R. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on major DVD drive manufacturers' development of CD-R-compatible DVD optical pickups. Sony Electronics Inc.'s utilization of two distinct optical pickups to read 780nm CD-R discs and 650nm DVD-ROM discs; Samsung Electronics's pioneering of the single-lens, double duty method with its...
- The time is right for MultiWrite. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p69
Calls for the development of DVD storage devices that can read and write CD-Recordable and CD-ReWritable discs. Optical Storage Technology Association's creation of a drive specification called MultiRead; ReWritable DVD incompatibility problems; High-density optical formats.
- Can DVD+RW really challenge DVD-RAM? Glatzer, Hal // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p70
Deals with rewritable DVD storage and retrieval systems. Failure of the developers of DVD+RW to show how they can compete strongly against DVD-RAM; Successful demonstrations of DVD-RAM subsystems around the world.