Hoei Sangyo, Microboards introduce combination DVD-R/CD-R duplicator
- Is DVD today 2Real to ignore? Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Professional;Jun98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the introduction of digital videodiscs (DVD) in the market. C-Cube's 2Real single-chip MPEG-2 codec; Accessibility of DVD to the broadbased PC market; Penetration of DVD into mainstream entertainment markets.
- Philips lengthens list of DVD-video authoring products with `ELDA'. // EMedia Professional;Jun98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p26
Reports on Philips Electronics' addition to its DVD-video authoring product. Specifications; Capabilities; Retail price.
- DVD replication. Hollman, Lee // EMedia Professional;Jun98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the market for digital videodiscs (DVD). Profit from the conversion to the DVD media; Production issues involved with the discs; Expected number of DVD drives that will be sold in 1998.
- DVD hardware. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p23
Features various digital videodisc (DVD) hardware. Includes Pioneer New Media Technologies Inc.'s DVD-A02/u02 slot-load DVD-ROM drives; Spruce Technologies Inc.'s DVDStation authoring system.
- What is DVD? Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/11/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p52
Focuses on the features of digital video disc (DVD) players. Capacity to replace audio CD, videotape, laserdisc and CD-ROM; Advantages of DVD compared to other formats.
- Hardware, Hollywood divided by DVDs. MacLellan, Andrew // Electronic News;9/23/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2135, p8
Reports on the lukewarm introduction of digital videodiscs (DVDs) in the North American market due to concerns over copyright protection and the release dates of Hollywood blockbuster movie titles. Number of DVD vendors participating at the 1996 Winter International Consumer Electronics Show.
- DVD watch. Summer, Edward // Films in Review;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 47 Issue 7/8, p108
Discusses the commercial prospects of digital video discs (DVDs) worldwide. Expected success of DVDs due to the marriage of stand-alone computer technology and home theater; Features of the DVD; Advantages of DVDs over CD-ROMs and laserdiscs; Arguments against the use of DVD; Development of DVD...
- Impressive first year for DVD. // Appliance Manufacturer;May98, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p29
Reports on the record sales of digital video disc (DVD) players to American dealers in its first year of introduction in 1997.
- Growing list of firms unveil DVD roadmaps. Brown, Peter // Electronic News;08/18/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2181, p14
Reports on the growing number of companies unveiling roadmaps to future digital video disc (DVD) products. Includes Cirrus Logic's development of a single-chip DVD player; LSI Logic's integration of copy protection, strategic partnerships and single chip DVD offering; Motion picture industry's...