Philips Semiconductors, Digigami debut new MPEG-2 encoders
- Philips Leads the Way in Analogue-to-digital TV transition. // Microwave Journal;May2002, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p256
Reports on the launch of PNX300x Digital One Chip progressive scan integrated circuit from Philips Semiconductor. Television applications of the integrated circuit; Description of the chips.
- LINK LAYER GETS A CONTENT-PROTECTION FACE-LIFT. Cravotta, Nicholas // EDN;04/13/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p30
Reports on the availability of a link layer integrated circuit from Philips Semiconductor Inc. Copy-protection feature; Electronic applications; Product price; Contact information.
- PC-hosted audio accelerator delivers 5.1-channel sound. Bursky, Dave // Electronic Design;01/24/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p42
Reports that Philips Semiconductors has introduced the Thunderbird Avenger audio accelerator chip. Product features; Includes 5.1-channel sound capability; Home-theater experience to the personal computer.
- Philips breathes new life into 80C51. Levy, Markus // EDN;04/01/99, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on the systems on chip (SOC) 51LPC from Philips Semiconductor. Description of features includes all the systems features of SOCs; Presence of on-chip oscillator; Brown-out detector; Power-on reset and watchdog timer; User-programmable modes; Variety of oscillator modes; Price.
- PCs Enter New Theater of Operation. Kren, Lawrence // Machine Design;03/09/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p80
Evaluates the audio accelerator integrated circuit to be launched by Philips Semiconductors. Advantages it offers.
- Untitled. // InfoWorld;8/16/93, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p29
Announces the availability of chips for encoding and decoding video from Philips Semiconductors. Combination of features that previously required several processors; Price.
- IC family makes one world TV. // Electronic News;11/17/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2194, p62
Focuses on Philips Semiconductor's family of integrated circuits called Global TV designed to cut product development times for analog television manufacturers. Pin-compatibility; Software modules and standard interfaces features.
- Philips offers enhancement to 12C communications bus. // Electronic News;12/08/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2197, p24
Focuses on Philips Semiconductors' launching of an enhancement to the 12C computer bus, de-facto standard for communications between integrated circuits. Features of the device; Comment by Theo Claasen, chief technology officer of Philips Semiconductors.
- Philips Rolls Next Gen DTV Chipset. Brown, Peter // Electronic News;04/12/99, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the integrated circuits developed by Philips Semiconductors Inc. Features of the TDA 8961 demodulator/decoder and TDA 8980 input processor; Target markets of the products; Forecast on the success of the products; Price.