New Practitioners Forum. Writing a review article
- The role of the researcher as a producer and reviewer of scientific papers. Marziale, Maria Helena Palucci // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p215
No abstract available.
- The Mumbo Jumbo of Academic Writing. Lasley, Julie // Radiation Therapist;Spring2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p113
The article discusses problems with poor academic writing, illustrates common mistakes writers make, and offers solutions for improvement. It comments on the writings of various professors and states that according to the American Psychological Association, an open and fair assessment of writing...
- Writing a letter to the editor. Dotson, Bryan // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p96
The article provides tips to new authors on how to write effective letters to the editor. It is mentioned that new authors can write letters to the editor which will provide them with experience for scientific writing and publishing. The article suggests that authors must keep in mind the...
- Authors, editors and ethical ways of working. Gallagher, Ann // Nursing Ethics;Jun2015, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p397
The article offers suggestions for authors and editors on understanding the editorial process. Topics discussed include finding the timescale of publication, following the guidelines for authors and responding to reviewers' comments as advised on the letter from the editor. It also welcomes new...
- Responding to reviewers' comments as part of writing for publication. Happell, Brenda // Nurse Researcher;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p23
Aims The aim of this paper is to provide a resource for authors to help them in getting their work published. The focus is on dealing with, and responding to, the comments of reviewers. Background The importance to research of nurses writing for publication is widely acknowledged. However, a...
- What to Be Thankful for at The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. Yoder-Wise, Patricia S. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Nov2010, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p483
People that the author would like to thank for assisting in the publication of the periodical "Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing" are mentioned.
- Open access, predatory publishing and peer-review. FERNANDEZ-LLIMOS, Fernando // Pharmacy Practice (18863655);Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
The author reflects on open access publishing, predatory publishing and peer review. He suggests that while the open access publishing was initiated to increase access to a wide variety of articles, concerns have been raised about publishers known as predatory publishers who became involved in...
- Introductory paragraph â€“ Volume 26, Issue 12. // Clinical Rehabilitation;Dec2012, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p1058
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses articles within the issue which focus on topics such as the revised Visual Analog Mood Scales, Vibration therapy for treatment of spasticity, and interferential light therapy as alternative to usual treatment for shoulder tendinopathy.
- The Gauntlet of Peer Review. Toomasian, John M // Perfusion;Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p376
The article offers information on the challenges of conducting reviews of studies conducted by peers. The author states that peer review endorses the work and elevates the sophistication of the journal. Given example is the journal "Perfusion" which uses two reviewers per manuscript. According...