Kindle delivery of AJHP content
- Back From the Future: Mobile Content Goes Web. QUIRT, BARBARA // Information Today;Apr2015, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p17
The author shares her thoughts on the social-network aggregation, magazine-format mobile app Flipboard, its implications for publication editors, and the delivery of content between mobile and desktop platforms through the Internet. She talks about how fear sparks an editor's interest and how...
- Taking Out Your Library. Kaser, Dick // Computers in Libraries;Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including redoing the library web site to work with mobile devices, the use of mobile devices and their companion applications, and iPad deployments in a university setting.
- Reading and 'Rithmetic. PADGETT, LAUREE // Information Today;Sep2012, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p25
The author reviews two articles, "How to Read a Magazine or a Journal Today" which appeared in the periodical "The Information Advisor" on the July/August 2012 issue and "Calculating Alternatives to Oil and Coal" which appeared in the periodical "The CyberSkeptic's Guide to Internet Research" on...
- data page. // Editor & Publisher;Dec2012, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p18
The article presents statistics and charts on how U.S. adults use mobile media devices such as smartphones, media tablets, and e-readers (electronic readers), along with information on brand name smartphone users and subscriptions to print publications.
- Editorial. Vance, Maggie; Clegg, Judy // Child Language Teaching & Therapy;Jun2014, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p139
The authors introduce articles within this issue, with topics that include the use of iPad computer tablets as educational tools for children with autistic spectrum disorder, online communication partners assisting children with complex communication disorders, and computer software utilized by...
- Handheld Signs of the Times. KASER, DICK // Information Today;Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the increasing global popularity of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers, and online video, and discusses the impact that the increase in popularity is having on society in 2012 and will have in the years following 2012. An increase in access to the...
- Different Paths to Success: An Individualized Approach to Effective Teaching. Erin, Jane N. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p55
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including one on the incorporation of meaning and motivation into braille reading instruction, one on the variations in learning responses and another on the methods for teaching effectively.
- Pocket PC. Colford, Michael // Library Journal;2/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p171
Reviews the U.S. periodical "Pocket PC," edited by Richard Hall.
- Handheld seen as Net's next wave. Moore, Mark // PC Week;4/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p8
Reports that several computer vendors plan to release handheld computers composed of `smart' phones, personal digital assistants and pagers capable of accessing the Internet. Handheld Internet access devices; Comments from observers in the computer industry; Hardware manufacturers of handheld...