CRASH! Where's My Money?
- All about downsizing. Morgan, Maureen // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/14/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on the economic downsizing in the U.S. in 2001, including the dismantling of an automobile parts plant in Detroit, Michigan, Budd Co., the need for municipalities and school systems to downsize, and the move of restaurants to devise their menus that cost less to hold on to...
- Readers of CARIBBEAN BUSINESS weren't surprised at what has happened U.S. economy in the past few month. // Caribbean Business;9/1/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p26
A timeline is presented of events following the financial problem in the U.S. economy in 2011.
- Editor's Note. Kelly, Brian // U.S. News Digital Weekly;10/9/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p25
A call for views on how the U.S. federal government can address the impact of the financial crisis on the U.S. economy is presented.
- Washington's affluence distances it from the financial distress in rest of country. Hayes, Christopher // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;6/2/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 44, p6
The article presents a reprint of the article "Washington's affluence distances it from the financial distress in rest of country" which appeared in "The Nation."
- This is time to stand up -- and take our country back. Moore, Michael // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;3/17/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 33, p9
The author focuses on an issue about wealth that runs the economy of the U.S. and its impact on the people of the nation. He discusses the effects when wealthy people do not pay their fair share of taxes to the government. He expresses his resistance on the idea that the nation is suffering from...
- Europe Will Have Effect Upon U.S. Economy. // Credit Union Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p14
The article presents the projection of the Association of Federal Credit Union (NAFCU) research director and chief economist David Carrier regarding the impact of European financial crisis on the economy of the U.S. in the second half of 2012.
- Global Growth Slowdown Impact Assessment. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Oct2011, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
The article presents a review of the impact of the U. S. recession and the European fiscal crisis on the economies of Latin America and the Caribbean. This crisis is considered to be more serious for the two regions than it was during the Fiscal Years 2008 & 2009. The article states that most...
- Coordination of Expectations in the Recent Crisis: Private Actions and Policy Responses. Cooper, Russell; Willis, Jonathan L. // Economic Review (01612387);2010 1st Quarter, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p5
The article formulates a model to show how the coordination of expectations was influential in the recent economic and financial crisis in the U.S. The authors explain that the model helps describe the measures policymakers took in mitigating the economic downturn by coordinating expectations....
- Will the Rural Economy Rebound in 2010? Henderson, Jason // Economic Review (01612387);2010 1st Quarter, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p95
The article examines the condition of the U.S. rural economy leading into 2010. The author describes how decreasing demand for agricultural commodities significantly contributed in ending the farm boom in 2009. He analyzes the effects of the recession and financial crisis on rural Main Street...