Writing New Chapters
- INTERNATIONAL AUCTIONS IN BRIEF. // Art + Auction;Dec2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p98
The article discusses fall 2010 art auctions including a sale of Latin American art at Phillips de Pury & Company in New York City, a sale of Islamic art at Sotheby's in London, England, and a sale of stamps at Bruun Rasmussen in Denmark.
- Phillips: Back to the Basics. // Art in America;Mar2003, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p33
Reports on the decision of auction house Phillips de Pury & Luxembourg to scale back its U.S. operations. Acquisition of LVMH Moet Hennessy's stake in the firm by co-chief executives Simon de Pury and Daniella Luxembourg; Company restructuring.
- Springtime Pirouettes and Backstrokes. // ArtAsiaPacific;May/Jun2010, Issue 68, p51
The article reports on the development of art auctions in the Spring of 2010. It notes that the season began with the Asia Week series of sales held in New York. The Christie's held its first two auctions for Indian works highlighting works in either 20th or 21st century on March 23. The...
- BEYOND BLING. Smith, Bevy // Interview;Aug2008, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p120
The article describes how hip-hop jewelry inspired by 1980s hip-hop music fashions, has come of age and will be presented in an auction at New York City's Phillips de Pury & Company called "Hip-Hop's Crown Jewels." Proceeds from the auction will benefit the Smithsonian Institution's National...
- $1,000,000 PHOTO. Perloff, Stephen // American Photo;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the fall photography auctions in the U.S. in 2005. Total of the New York sales; Key features of the auction; Highlight of Phillips de Pury & Company's evening sale.
- Phillips makes bid to be a top house on auction block. Souccar, MIriam Kreinin // Crain's New York Business;05/07/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p4
Reports that Phillips, de Pury and Luxembourg will launch an auction of art works in New York City. Intended purpose for the company's move; Examples of art works to be auctioned by the company in the event; Approximate amount to be generated by the company from the art auction.
- VIVA MOSS. // Town & Country;Oct2012, Vol. 166 Issue 5387, p46
The article discusses an auction titled "Moss" of assorted sculptures and paintings of an eponymous emporium designed by design entrepreneur Murray Moss, hosted by an auctioneers and art dealership Phillips de Pury & Co., held in New York on October 16, 2012.
- Lugano Collection on the Block. Ebony, David // Art in America;Dec2002, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p25
Reports that auction house Phillips de Pury and Luxembourg plans to sell the Lugano collection of American art owned by the Baron Thyssen-Bornemizsa on December 3, 2002. Background on the art collection of the baron; Art works included in the American collection.
- Chicago and New York. GURA, JUDITH // Art + Auction;Mar2009, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p96
The author reports on the auction sales in Chicago, Illinois and New York in December 2008. According to the author, the results were below estimates as buyers either switched their patronage from contemporary works to old standards or declined to purchase anything at all. Information on the...