The Rest of a Bean Baron's Realm
- Serving Up the 'Yo' Factor. RAI, SARITHA // Forbes Asia;Apr2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p40
The article focuses on the successful coffee business of Indian businessman V. G. Siddhartha, owner of the company Coffee Day Resorts. It presents a brief on Sinddhartha's personal life and his career as a businessman and mentions the establishment of coffee retail brand Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) in...
- CCD's non-consumer biz may be hived off pre-IPO. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;6/15/2014, p10
The article reports developments in the operation of the businesses of Indian bean king V. G. Siddharta as of mid-June 2014, particularly the possible demerger of his non-consumer businesses to prepare for the public listing of his coffee retailing operations in early 2015. Among the businesses...
- A Peace Dividend. Ferguson, Tim // Forbes Asia;Apr2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue which include one on Chinese businessman Jack Ma, one on Indian businessman dealing in coffee trade V. G. Siddhartha, and one on Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa.
- CCDs' Promoter Buys Extra Stake in MindTree. // Dataquest;7/15/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p89
The article reports that V. G. Siddhartha, founder of Cafe Coffee Day, has acquired a 0.23% stake in information technology company MindTree Ltd.
- MIND IT. Balasubramanyam, K. R.; Das, Goutam // Business Today;9/30/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 20, preceding p84
The article focuses on the increasing stake ventured by businessman V. G. Siddhartha in MindTree Ltd. It notes that Siddhartha owned a 22-percent stake in MidTree Ltd. which is being financed by his companies and personal holdings. It mentions that Siddhartha was one of the first venture...
- Competition helped improve standards. Siddhartha, V. G. // Business Today;10/25/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p144
The article presents an interview with Chairman of Indian cafe chain Coffee Day V.G. Siddhartha who explains how and why he entered coffee business and says standardization is the most important lesson he has learnt in his career and that competition improves standards.
- Midas Touch. Balasubramanyam, K. R. // Business Today;5/29/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p130
The article reports on the growth of chairman V. G. Siddhartha's investment consultancy firm Way2Wealth Brokers Pvt. Ltd. in India.
- COFFEE BILLIONAIRE. Balasubramanyam, K. R. // Business Today;5/16/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p38
The article features V.G. Siddhartha, the owner of CafÃ© Coffee Day. It states that the next plan of Siddhartha is to get his cafÃ© numbers to 200 overseas and 2,000 in India in the following four years of 2010. It also presents an interview in which when asked on how the development in the...
- Coffee Man. Balasubramanyam, K. R. // Business Today;4/6/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p66
The article focuses on the business performance of India's biggest home-grown coffee chain, Cafe Coffee Day. The coffee chain, owned by V. G. Siddhartha, has 547 outlets in the country, besides three in Vienna, Austria, and two in Pakistan. Siddhartha mentions about the growth in domestic coffee...