Taking on Starbucks
- Starbucks Closing in on Retail Deal With Tata Coffee. BOSE, NANDITA // News India Times;01/27/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p17
The article reports that Starbucks Corp. is finalizing its partnership with India's Tata Coffee Ltd. and hopes to announce the deal by the end of January 2012.
- Starbucks, Tata Roast Coffee. SPRINGER, RICHARD // India -- West;3/15/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 17, pB8
The article reports on the roasting and packaging plant inaugurated by Starbucks Coffee Co. and Tata Coffee Ltd. in Karnataka, India.
- Starbucks Brews Up Pact with Tata Coffee in India. // India -- West;1/21/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 9, pA18
The article reports on the memorandum of understanding signed by Starbucks Coffee Co. with Tata Coffee Ltd. on January 13, 2011, wherein the former can sell coffee roasted in the Indian plant of the latter.
- Starbucks Coffee Co. studies island market. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;2/10/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p30
Reports on Starbucks Coffee Co.'s consideration of expanding into Puerto Rico and other Caribbean countries. Description of coffee products sold by the company; Popularity of coffee in Puerto Rico; Visit by company officials to Puerto Rico to scout the local market; Company's headquarters in...
- Monument Circle building will get next Starbucks. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on Seattle, Washington-based Starbucks Coffee's plan to build a cafe in Indianapolis, Indiana. Selection of a high-profile location; Pedestrian traffic in the Monument Circle; Number of stores in North America at the end of 1999.
- Starbucks sings praises of new Hear Music coffeehouses. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;3/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p46
The article reports that Starbucks Corp. has launched its Hear Music Coffeehouse with the opening of a new unit in San Antonio, Texas. The coffeehouse will feature the next generation of Hear Music media bars, a self-service area where customers can customize music on CD. The new coffeehouse is...
- New brew. Van Houten // Restaurant Business;12/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 23, p13
Reports on coffee chain Starbucks Coffee Co.'s move to overhaul and expand its fledgling Cafe Starbucks coffeehouse concept. Construction of a Cafe Starbucks in Bellevue, Washington; Problems experienced by the company with its breakfast test program; Chain's aim to create signature menu items...
- Starbucks brews a different blend of marketing. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;5/1/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p44
Reports on the marketing strategy of Starbucks Coffee for their business operations in Puerto Rico. Creation of a restaurant experience; Encouragement for poetry reading sessions and informal meetings; Engagement in charitable causes.
- The Venti Effect. // American (19328117);Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses how Starbucks affects the local coffeehouse industry. Based on observation, a new Starbucks in the neighborhood tends to boost interest in specialty coffeehouses that stay open later and offer better or less costly products. In relation to this, a report form the Omaha...