- Modular nuclear reactor stores lifetime of fuel. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul/Aug2009, Issue 817/818, p15
The article evaluates the mPower nuclear reactor from Babcock & Wilcox (B&W).
- B&W's baby builds on submarine heritage. Dalrymple, Will // Modern Power Systems;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p47
The article evaluates the mPower integral nuclear steam supply system from nuclear reactors manufacturer Babcock & Wilcox Co.
- B&W Plans a New Nuclear Power Reactor. Wagman, David // Power Engineering;Jul2009, Vol. 113 Issue 7, p54
The article reports on the plan of Babcock & Wilcox Co. (B&W) to deploy a scalable Advanced Light Water Reactor that can be installed in increments of 125 megawatts (MW) in 2009. According to the article, B&W will apply for the reactor's design certification in 2011. B&W states several...
- US weighs entering radioisotope market. Feder, Toni // Physics Today;May2008, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the collaboration of the University of Missouri-Columbia's research reactor (MURR) and the energy technologies company Babcock & Wilcox (B&W) to produce molybdenum-99 in the U.S. A study on the feasibility of procuring medical isotopes from LEU will be conducted by the...
- Babcock & Wilcox looks to future. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p10
The article offers information on the development of nuclear, solar and coal based electricity by Babcock & Wilcox Co. (B&W) It reports thate the solar technology clean coal pilot project has performed well in the early tests. It also reports that B&W's operation in Virginia are in process of...
- Babcock & Wilcox To Offer 125-MW Modular Reactor. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/22/2009, Vol. 262 Issue 20, p13
The article reports on the development of a self-contained, modular nuclear reactor by Babcock & Wilcox Co. at its U.S. plants. It reveals the firm's plan to secure turnkey contracts with utilities to manufacture and install the reactors, according to president Christofer Mowry. It cites the...
- You can be sure if it's Westinghouse. // Earth Island Journal;Winter96/97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the Czech Republic authorities' investigation on whether Westinghouse Corp. employed bribes to win a contract for retrofitting the Temelin nuclear reactor.
- New Energy. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
The article offers world news briefs related to energy industries. AREVA, Duke Energy Corp. and UniStar Nuclear Energy have partnered to develop an EPR reactor for the first Clean Energy Park in the U.S. British Foreign & Commonwealth Office Secretary David Miliband commented with the Nuclear...
- DOE Launches Cost-Share Program To Speed Small Reactor Deployment. // Energy Daily;1/25/2012, Issue 17, p4
The article focuses on the cost-share program launched by the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) for speeding up the deployment of small modular reactors (SMR). Westinghouse Electric Co. promptly responded by announcing it will apply for the SMR investment funds of DoE. SMR designs supported by DoE...