Conflicts of Interest in Financial Planning Practice
- Study Reveals Burgeoning FP Niche. // CPA Wealth Provider;Jul2008, p4
The article discusses the study conducted by Moss Adams LLP and AICPA which examines the status of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) population specializing in the financial planning/investment advisory practices. The study indicates that the growth of CPAs in such area has been steady for...
- Multidisciplinary Practice: Is it the Wave of the Future, or Only a Ripple? // Defense Counsel Journal;Oct99, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p460
Focuses on the recommendations made by the American Bar Association's (ABA) Commission on Multidisciplinary Practice that the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct in the United States be amended. Position of the ABA House of Delegates; Principles governing the proposed amendments; Resolution...
- APPENDIX A [COVER LETTER]. // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall76, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on responses by lawyers in the United States to auditors' request for information concerning litigation matters. Differences between the professions regarding the issue; Standard adopted by the American Bar Association and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- American Bar Association bans MDPs. Chigbo, Okey // CA Magazine;Nov2000, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the decision of the American Bar Association (ABA) to vote against the proposals to allow fee-sharing between lawyers and other professionals. Why ABA rejected the proposals; Recommendations of ABA regarding multidisciplinary practices; Reactions of the members of the American...
- Toot Your Own Horn. Edmondson Bell, Ella L. J. // Essence (Time Inc.);Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p124
Presents tips on attaining recognition and credit for a performance at work. Importance of maintaining a supportive relationship with colleagues; Ways to gain credit from clients; Tips on filing letters of commendations from clients as a personal record.
- AICPA SPRING COUNCIL HAPPENINGS. // Practical Accountant;Jul2008, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the approval made by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Council on the resolution to create the Certified in Financial Forensics (CCF). The CCF designation aims to aid practitioners in service areas including bankruptcy and insolvency, computer...
- High Standards. CHIRONIS, GINA // California CPA;Jun2014, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p15
The article discusses the compliance of financial planning service providers in the new American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning (PFP). Topics covered include personalized recommendations and the need for Certified Public...
- ON THE ROAD. // Financial Planning;Nov2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p26
Previews the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant's Personal Financial Planning Conference to be held in San Diego, California on January 8-11, 2006. Admission price; Speakers; Topics to be discussed.
- coming events. // Accounting Today;6/18/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p25
A calendar of events related to the accounting profession in the U.S. is presented. The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners will hold a conference entitled "Building Your Fraud Examination Practice" in Chicago, Illinois on June 18, 2007. The American Institute of Certified Public...