Food Truck-Inspired Barbecue Taco Comes to B&I
- Now 4 Restaurant 2.0. Romano, Andrew // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);3/23/2009 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 153 Issue 12, p64
This article discusses the popularity of the Kogi food truck in Los Angeles, California. The use of the Internet and viral marketing to promote their food, which combines Korean barbecue with Mexican tacos, is considered. The credentials that Kogi chef Roy Choi brings to cooking for the truck...
- Going Fast. Kozey, Patrick // Indianapolis Monthly;Sep2010, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p40
The article features West Coast Tacos, a mobile food service owned by John Ban.
- THE FOOD TRUCKS COMETH. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Mar2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p22
The article features the food and the food trucks of Sydney, New South Wales including pork buns from Tsuru, tacos from Al Carbon's, and spring rolls from Let's Do Yum Cha.
- THE TORTILLA TRIFECTA. ELLIOT, FARLEY // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2014, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p148
Reviews are offered for taco mobile restaurants Taco Zone, Tacos Arizas and El Flamin' Taco located in Alvarado, Logan and Sunset, California respectively.
- street Wise. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Mar2011, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p112
The article focuses on the food truck as a new paradigm of a restaurant in Los Angeles, California. Chef Roy Choi, owner of the Kogi truck, is reportedly the most popular proponent of the city's food truck scene. The Kogi truck is said to be an old catering van retrofitted into a beacon of...
- Now 4 Restaurant 2.0. Romano, Andrew // Newsweek;3/9/2009, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p55
This article discusses the Kogi Korean taco truck restaurant in Los Angeles, California. The author states that the whereabouts of Kogi's roving vehicles are posted to the online social networking website Twitter, which allows users to share short updates with friends. The author discusses the...
- MOVEABLE FEASTS. Gold, Jonathan // Smithsonian;Mar2012, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p18
The article discusses the food truck culture of Los Angeles, California. It examines the Korean food truck called Kogi, run by chef Roy Choi, and the Mariscos Jalisco truck, run by chef Raul Ortega. The author comments on Kogi's routes, exploring observations noted by California State University...
- Food-truck learnings travel indoors. JENNINGS, LISA // Nation's Restaurant News;6/27/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p3
The article offers insights on operating a food truck business according to food truck operators which include Roy Choi, Joe Kim, and Pavlos Sierros. According to Choi opening his first truck gave him new perspective in focusing on their Korean-Mexican menu. Kim, who owns the Flying Pig Truck,...
- AS THE TACO TURNS. Walsh, Robb // Gourmet;Sep2007, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p54
The article reports on the growing number of taco trucks operating in Oregon. According to the author, taco trucks have started offering other dishes and not just tacos to customers. The author describes the taco truck operators he has visited and reveals the best dish that each can offer. These...