Old Dog, New Tricks
- MSs spice up home economics class. Benson, Robert // All Hands;Jul95, Issue 939, p47
Focuses on the experiences of five mess management specialists from Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station in Hawaii during a visit over a local high school's home economics class. Chance for students to get hands-on experience.
- Dinner at 1600. Ingle, Saul // All Hands;Dec2001, Issue 1016, p42
Profiles Ivan Saez, a United States Navy mess management specialist working inside the White House in Washington, D.C.
- Mess specialist fulfills childhood dream. Lewis, S. N. Michelle // All Hands;Sep96, Issue 953, p40
The article presents information related to the U.S. Navy mess management specialist, Joanne Buco.
- The Baker's Dozen. Hevezi, Matt // Marines;Sep98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p9
Features James H. McKnight, and how he uses his Marine Corps training to help Maryland teens get on the right track. His experiences as a food service specialist in the United States Marine Corps; Comments from the students.
- Mess Management Specialist Rating Name Changes. // All Hands;Feb2004, Issue 1042, p9
Reports on the change in the name of the Navy's mess management specialist (MS) culinary specialist (CS) in the U.S. Significance of the name change to appropriately describe the duties and mission of the rating and enhances the rating's professional image; Effect of the name change on sailors;...
- Brands march to the front line. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/06/99 Supplement, Vol. 33 Issue 36, Brands in foodservice. p4
Discusses the use of branded military foodservice as a recruitment tool in the United States. Winning new recruits with better food; US Army garrison dining facilities; Leverage of the brands; Front-of-house and back-of-house brands; Selling easy to prepare products to the military.
- A CULINARY OASIS. Barnes, Julian E. // U.S. News & World Report;12/6/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 20, p28
Discusses the efforts of retired Army cook Floyd Lee, to give soldiers at Camp Liberty, Iraq, a superior dining experience compared to most military dining facilities. Profile of the Pegasus dining hall, where Lee runs a staff committed to culinary excellence; Details of the Pegasus food and...
- Army Reserve Honored at Connelly Awards. // Warrior Citizen;Summer2010, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p43
The article announces that the Forward Support Company, 397th Engineer Battalion from Eau Claire, Wisconsin, has received the 2009 Philip A Connelly Award.
- Engineer update. // Engineer;Apr97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p40
Presents various reports regarding the bulletin `Engineer' and other news concerning the United States Army. Reason for reducing the number of paper copies of the publication; Posting of the directory in the Worldwide Web; Changes in the noncommissioned officer (NCO) Structure (CINCOS);...