Her Own Woman
- Bejeweled Beauty. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p18
The article offers information on the jewelry business of Dee Hardy, director of dining services at the University of Richmond in Virginia. It states how Dee's interest in jewelry was enticed through a visit in a bead shop while attending a convention in Baltimore, Maryland. It also states that...
- Colleges. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p98
Presents statistical information on salaries earned by college executives in the food industry in the United States. Comparison between the salaries of men and women.
- News briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p18
Presents news briefs concerning on-site food service in North America, compiled as of March 15, 1999. Includes promotion of three executives of food-management firm Dobbs International; Search launched by the Ontario Convention Center for a firm to manage day-to-day operations of the center;...
- Working the Brands. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p42
The article focuses on the foodservice brands at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. The concepts, such as Pepperazzi and Mongo Bongos, are time-tested proprietary brands that Parkhurst Dining Services brought to campus in response to students' requests for fresh made-from-scratch...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.
- College meal cards good at seven merchants. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the students of Iona College in New Rochelle, New York will be able to use their meal cards off campus at seven participating merchants on North Avenue. Names of merchants; Courses offered by Iona.