THE EXTRA MILE
- The Georgian Way. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p10
Reports that Georgian College is cooking up new segments for its hospitality and tourism facility. Graduates from Ontario high school cooking courses to compete for scholarships in the second annual culinary competition at Georgian College's Barrie, Ontario campus on April 27, 2005; Teams of two...
- Certification is a Solid Investment for Professional Chefs. Lucardie, Frederick // Southeast Food Service News;Mar2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p6
The article offers the author's insights on the significance of American Culinary Federation (ACF) certification on professional chefs. The author says that refresher courses on sanitation, supervisory management, and nutrition were necessary in any aspect of the culinary industry and that some...
- OR SCHOOL DAZED? Frank, Emily // Indianapolis Monthly;Feb2011, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p57
The article offers the author's insights regarding her experience of going to a culinary school. The author says that she was bored with her career as a physician and in need of a challenge so she had a career diversion to learn cooking. She states that she overlooked the fact that she needed to...
- A taste of assessment. Gersten, Karen // Chef Educator Today;Summer2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses critical role of assessing student learning in culinary programs. It highlights the accountability of culinary arts teachers in providing evidence that students are achieving the learning goals set for them. It offers information on comparing assessment from classroom...
- SUSHI BONDING. // New Zealand Management;Aug2010, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p7
The article provides information on Japanese cooking classes conducted by Australian chef Sachie Nomura-Siu which are considered as the new trend in executive team building in Australia as of August 2010.
- California Fish School. Badham, James // Bon Appetit;Mar1999, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p16
Features the California Sushi Academy in Los Angeles, California. Role of the California Sushi Academy in teaching sushi-chef skills; Remarks by assistant instructor Philip Yi.
- Simple menu for Super-Bowl entertaining. // Christian Science Monitor;1/26/95, Vol. 87 Issue 42, p12
Presents recipes for the preparation of Vegetable Chili, Spicy Corn Bread and Brownie Bites for Super-Bowl entertaining.
- cooking cousins. Anderson, Mary Elizabeth // Hopscotch;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p20
The article offers information on the cooking class involving two cousins.
- `Kids are kookin' at Headquarters Plaza Hotel. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/4/95, Vol. 210 Issue 15, p8
Presents a picture of a student and a chef in the cooking courses for kids in the Head Quarters Plaza Hotel.