ON THE MENU
- SPICE WORLD. Covrett, Donna // Cincinnati Magazine;Jul2007, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p98
The article presents information about dishes on the menu of various restaurants in Cincinnati, Ohio. Pad Thai is one of the national dishes of Thailand. The ingredients of the dish include noodles, green onions, ground peanuts, lime, chai po and pickled turnips. Ceviche mixto is a Preuvian...
- The Culture Club. // FoodService Director;11/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p39
A chart is presented that lists the percentage of meals served in a restaurant-style dining room and statistics are given regarding the percentages that represent those operators who agree with cuisine diversification, creative dishes and flexible meal plan.
- Publisher's Message. von Rabenau, Daniel // Chef Magazine;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p6
In this article, the author focuses on several culinary movements in 2014 and mentions topics including trends followed by restaurants and chefs, career with culinary arts, and several products for the food service market.
- The Menu Menace. // Time;3/27/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 13, p33
The article criticizes the names of dishes found in restaurant menus. In March 1950, a columnist for the newspaper "Vilagossag" complained that his appetite was ruined by a dish on the menu called Tourmedos ala Metternich. According to the columnist, individuals eating at a people's restaurant...
- FRESH IDEAS: From Field to Fork. Lang, Joan M. // Restaurant Business;Oct2012 Supplement, Vol. 111, pS3
The article discusses the importance for foodservice operators to use the best and freshest seasonal fruits and vegetables. It mentions the additional value of fresh produce on the menus served and their creative boost for many chefs. It also highlights comments from chefs that fresh produce is...
- Caterer loves. K. K. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/14/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4480, p7
This article reports on the decline in popularity of the British cauliflower in British restaurants. It is stated that the cauliflower has been one of the country's staple foods for centuries, but recently it's fallen so far out of favor with chefs and cooks alike that it is now on the verge of...
- Ready for prime time. Dempsey, Mike // Nation's Restaurant News;3/3/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p29
The article reports that premium beef has become popular among chefs in United States restaurants. According to the author, beef such as kobe and wagyu have featured more prominently in restaurants' menus. The author reports that chefs are experimenting with different preparations to keep prices...
- that syncing feeling. J. T. // Jacksonville Magazine;Apr2014, p124
The article focuses on Menuat, a service that offers restaurant owners a digital platform upon which to update their menus in real-time.
- Menu Trends to Watch. // Restaurant Business;Jun2015 Supplement Food Service Handbook, Vol. 114, p40
The article presents a chart and a table along with statistics depicting trends in restaurant menus and impact of the gluten-free movement on operations of food industry also mentions other trends such as reduction in sodium, meat meals, and hydrofluorocarbons.